CB antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB antenna

would it be possible to make a cb antenna out of a festy radio whip? im not sure of the requirements of a cb antenna so i have no clue.
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

I would have to say it would take a lot. I use to be a CB'er and your antenna would have to match down to your radio by using a SWR meter. Your antenna and radio have to be within 1.l to 1.5 match for your radio to transmit or receive. Get a regular cb antenna magnetic mount to where you can put it on top of your car or remove it when you want. Like i said, an SWR meter will tell your match. You can usually bring the match down with correct antenna by lower top of antenna. I use to run whips, cans, magnetic mounts and double antenna's mounted on mirrors. Or get a walkie talkie with extended antenna and you can receive up to about mile depending on topographical terrain.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

kinda...

You could but it wouldn't get good reception. It is too short, and the wrong basic design. You could, however, replace the festy antenna with a short range cb antenna and use the festy mount.

Just an idea.
      Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

i figured it would be a long-shot. just thought id ask.
        it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Working...
        X