X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replaced the original battery in my 97 Exploder

Comment

Originally posted by Ogresan View Post
      My '95 Windstar went 10 years on the original battery, only didn't start once at -45C. I never plugged in the block heater either. I was amazed with that battery. I wonder if motorcraft makes their own or who does makes them.
      Motorcraft, AC Delco, Mopar, US built Toyota are all made by JCI (Johnson Controls)
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I myself have flipped cars and kept the cleaner, newer date battery...and screwed myself. I like Interstate as well.
        Where i live a dead battery isn't anything more than a pain in the butt...we wont die in the cold waiting for help or anything.
        Last edited by getnpsi; 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Johnson Controls and Exide make batteries in the US. Anybody else?

I've had a number of Ford OEM batteries in the last two decades last 7-8 years.

The one that suprises me most in the two year Wal-mart battery in one of Festivas that is 7 years old and still going. I have another two year Wal-mart in a '70 Nova that is dated 2001. It seemed to be fine last fall. It is now failing.
          Last edited by Mike McKown; 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
            I have an 11 year old Interstate in Uncle Fester. Been fully discharged 3 times (once for 4 years... before I got him). If you don't know, that's nearly a death sentence for a lead-acid battery. Every time I recharge it, it comes back to full capacity. Best dang batteries on the market, IMO.
            Jim your crazy....IMO...Definitly crazy....It's a law...no opinion...Interstate Batteries are the Best!
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
            X