Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Control Coilovers

Hey guys,

I found a place that is selling brand new GC's for 100 bucks!! But they only have them for
    1. 02 Acura RSX
    2. 03+ Toyota Matrix/ Pontiac Vibe
    3. 00+ Toyota Celica

I am not really keen on spending 400USD (if bought straight from GC) but i was wondering if i got new springs from Southwest Speed or Qa1, or even GC, would the rest of the setup still work?

i personally wouldn't use any of the applications. Get a civic kit. Skunk2 is fairly cheap as well as GC

those spring rates for the above application wiill be alot higher because of the weight difference.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i have read lots of bad reviews about skunk2...
      but again, i am not going to be using the springs that will come with the above stated GC's anyway... all i am going to be using is the bodies, adjusters etc..

Also, i was reading somewhere that matrix uses 150# springs in the front, so that might reduce some costs, if its true!
      Last edited by goodbabbu; 02-14-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I had 300# in the front and 200# in the rear. way WAY over sprung, keep that in mind.
        Ian Carr
        88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD
        86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
          i personally wouldn't use any of the applications. Get a civic kit. Skunk2 is fairly cheap as well as GC

those spring rates for the above application wiill be alot higher because of the weight difference.

Well i was just giving an example for skunk2....i didn't swear upon the brand. I do love the 440 gram shift knob i bought though.
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
          X