No announcement yet.

First Festy purchase...please advise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input. Hopefully I'll be on the road soon!

Comment

good deal mike. im sure you will be happy.
      i would go and pick up some simple green (or similar) and spray it liberaly to the oil soaked areas scrub it and wash it away. repeat till its oil free. then you can keep an eye on it and see where the oil leak is from.
      before you go to the inspection station check the basic's. make sure all lights work including hazards and liscence plate lights, check tires for tread and wear, horn, wipers, breaks, exhaust, ect ect ect. an inspector (here in ny anyway) is more likely to pass a border line tire for example as long as its the only thing he finds.
      88 mustang 427 stroker garrett t-76 turbo best run 8.86@ 151.56

91 red gl festiva the $50 daily driver <--toast
      WANTED 78-80 FORD FIESTA (PREF GHIA)

Comment

Originally posted by yutz View Post
        all bullcrap all they want is your money and to stimulate repair work. you think they care if your car smokes,farts,spits,misses,? money is the name of the game in this country.when i lived in ft ldle fla it was a racket with the inspections.they were getting paid off to pass. like i said its a big farse.i live in n.c. in the mountains right now all they inspect is your lights,tires,wipers,all the small crap.if you live in asheville lord help you .they stick in your ehmmmmm xaust.
        all MD inspection does : is to keep the DUMB REDNECKS(see above) off of the road.

I am the original

Comment

At least its inspect it once with no emissions crap. None of my cars would pass emissions.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
            At least its inspect it once with no emissions crap. None of my cars would pass emissions.
            only you shore folks don't have emissions inspection. Us mainlanders have emissions inspection every two years.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              only you shore folks don't have emissions inspection. Us mainlanders have emissions inspection every two years.
              We don't have any emission inspections :p
              -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                We don't have any emission inspections :p
                yup, many parts of the country don't. That statement was directed to a fellow MD resident.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

yup, many parts of the country don't. That statement was directed to a fellow MD resident.
                  O, ok, I now understand, I took it as the people that live on the shore, don't have to have emission tests and a lot of people that live off the shore, have to take the test.
                  -Josh R

Comment

only upside to living in the middle of nowhere :p
                    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I'm so glad I live in IL, where there is no car inspection on cars made before 94'.
                      89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Working...
                      X