No announcement yet.

E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found that if you send a message to the sellers most are willing to ship to Canada. It is a bit of a headache with the extra paperwork involved going both ways. I also found that it can be more expensive to ship within Canada that to the US or other international addresses!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Extra paperwork is usually the reason.

I just sold a lens off Amazon and it was going to an APO box. I support the military and what they do for our country... But having to complete the customs forms? Stupid.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I can't stand people who can't be bothered to ship to canada.
        I always send polite emails asking if they can ship to me.. some of the responses I get are un-believable.

You have to write down both our addresses, item description (1 word usually dose it), and value. That takes 30 seconds. Is business really that good that you couldn't be bothered to fill that out to make the sale?

So what if the shipping is more expensive.. I'm the one eating the bill.

One of these days I'm gonna loose it, and I'm gonna list something rare/valuable on ebay for a ridiculously low price, but no shipping to the US. Then I'm gonna use some of the knob head replies i've gotten on people asking me to ship it to the US.

This doesn't apply to anyone on here... have only had good experiences with you guys.. its always big sellers on ebay.
        Last edited by stefan; 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM.
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

^pretty harsh opening statement.

But how about if I say maybe I just don't want to ship to Canada, not for any reason in particular, I just don't want to.

UPS or Fed EX? First Class or Priority? Delivery Confirmation or not? Bud-Lite or Miller-Lite? Chicken or Steak? Kids or Not? Foreign or American? Whatever the reason it is a choice that is made. Why does EVERYTHING have to be explained more than just by the simple fact "It was my choice to do so". Why can't well enough be left alone.

I think in todays world everyone thinks they deserve a piece of every pie. Why can't a person decide who he wants to sell to. Just like the buyer decides who he buys from. NO DIFFERENT.
          Last edited by Gomez; 02-18-2009, 10:36 PM.
          -Bryant

Comment

OK OK EASY guys I just asked a simple question that I didnt know about shipping.

I didnt realize it was such a pain in the butt to ship parts I have never sent any out yet so please calm down no need to argue amongst ourselves-------- leave that to RR
            Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

friends

This is what friends are for. We go down for a visit, laugh, tell jokes, drink, eat and pick up our eBay purchases. It's like Christmas every four or five months. If you don't like having friends, then there is always Can-Am.

Option 3. Move the border 200 miles to the north.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I'd rather have them move the border 200 miles south.

Comment

Working...
                X