Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler for Tire group-buy **UPDATE**

Hey folks,

I may have the opportunity to purchase a large number of 155SR12 tires from a wholesaler. How many of you folks would be interested in participating, and what would you be willing to pay per tire? I'm not looking to make money on the deal, I just need to know if I should move forward with the deal after I get a price per tire from the wholesaler.

UPDATE;

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
    ok, I cornered my source today... bad and good news.

Bad;
    We'll have to wait till June to get the best possible price.

Good;
    He thinks we can get a really good price, especially if we buy at least 100-150 tires.

So, who would be in? Is there enough interest to warrant me buying that many tires?
    Basically, I don't want to lay out $4000 for 150 tires, and then be forced to sit on them because everyone backed out.
    Yes, I want more than 4 tires
    17.86%
    Yes, I want only 4 tires
    21.43%
    Maybe 2 to 4, I'll have to wait and see
    17.86%
    I don't need no stinkin' 12 inchers!!
    42.86%
    Last edited by FB71; 03-17-2009, 12:27 PM.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Get us a price. I have one that needs tires.

Chuck
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

i'd go in for 3 full sets and 2 spares (14 total)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

1 full set(4 tires) here if price is good say 30 to $40, less is better!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I'd consider a set...If the price was right...it be worth the trip to MD.
          Last time I bought tires...I spent about three hours on the web and phone. I can be to Baltimore in less time.
          I currently have a set of Nankangs w/6K on them...I'll be lucky to get 15K out of them.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

not to steal your thread, but i recently bought a festiva from a manager of a discount tire store. he said he would be able to get me tires for $26 each. hes in Columbus ohio, i thought about letting everyone know before ohiotiva and maybe doing a group deal. either ways cool with me, just want to get everyone a good deal on tires.

Comment

One full set to get mounted and possibly one set as a spare set. I would like to see the price around $30/tire if possible.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
              88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
              88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
              06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

I need a set of 4. In the $30's per tire.
                '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post
                  not to steal your thread, but i recently bought a festiva from a manager of a discount tire store. he said he would be able to get me tires for $26 each. hes in Columbus ohio, i thought about letting everyone know before ohiotiva and maybe doing a group deal. either ways cool with me, just want to get everyone a good deal on tires.
                  I've had that experiance more than once. The counter person looks at the computer screen for the initial info. Apperently it does't show stock because upon further pursuit of the deal they find they are not available. Bummer. Did you ask I they can actualy get you a set? It would be cool if so. I definatly be in!
                  '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                  '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                  '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                  '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                  '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                  '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                  '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

the reason i asked was cause the car had new 12 inch kumos, and i told hiim i couldn't find them anywhere and asked about cost. he said they where about 50 each in ohio, and that he had gotten these for 20, and could get them to me for about 26. i sent him an e-mail today, we'll see where it goes from there.

Comment

got a e-mail replay asking how many tires we might want and that he'd check tomorrow on how many he could get. i replied at least 40 tires. i'm not sure if you can order 40 tires and not have anybody notice the huge discount you are selling them at, but we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

At $26 each, I may be interested in another set!

Now, how many 155-12s will fit into a Festiva? Dave and I may be able to deliver to Ohiostiva.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

he said he could get as many as needed, so after i here from him tomorrow, i'll try to get a number for him. but we've got time. no rush.

Karl, that would be awesome! we'll see.

Comment

I would be interested in two sets (8) if the price is right. Would these have to be shipped? What brand?

Two sets = eight tires. Not sure how this smiley is coming up, but I am not trying to be shady in any way.

I am still in the market for 13" x114.3mm rims, but would keep my 12" rims and tires for the winter. The other set would be for the party who bought my old '91 L.

Comment

Depending on the brand I'd be interested in a set.
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X