Feeler for Tire group-buy **UPDATE**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim or Cubstiva,

I would be interested in definately two and possibly four (if it helps knock down the price) at mid $20 to the low $30 price range. I think these sizes are getting hard to find and even 13 inch rims with the original Festiva bolt pattern is no picnic to find either. Thanks for including the group in this effort.

Sincerely,
    Royce

Comment

Annoyed

so i got a e-mail back from the guy today, he says he can get any amount, but they would cost $40 each, sorry to waste everyones time, and get you worked up. i know why he quoted me 26 if he can't produce then for that.

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post
        so i got a e-mail back from the guy today, he says he can get any amount, but they would cost $40 each, sorry to waste everyones time, and get you worked up. i know why he quoted me 26 if he can't produce then for that.
        Thanks for trying.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
        88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
        88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
        06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post

Should of got the qoute on paper invoice....that way you could of stuck the 26 to him...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

34$ a tire

for the Canadians out there i got a set from canadian tire $34 a tire .couldnt find anyhere else nobody carries them anymore.

Comment

I understand once a tire is manufactured, the shelf life is only nine years. I thought I should mention this for whomever plans on buying and storing tires.

A+ for Effort!!!

Comment

I just heard that the Smart Car has 12" tires. I have not verified this yet. With this said, wouldn't that mean that 12" tire production would start back up to some degree?

06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

145SR12 and 155SR12 are still common tire sizes in Europe.

the wholesaler I'm talking with deals in the Euro market, which is why I think I might be able to get something decent.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

FB71, you rock! :notworthy:

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
                      FB71, you rock! :notworthy:
                      not yet I don't! But I'll accept your praise if I can get us cheap tires!!!
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

They still have all kinds of "weird" tire sizes in Europe for all their tiny sized cars they still sell.

I'm jones'n for some 185/55-13s meself. Or some 185/50-14s. Just wishing out loud...

Hmmm, "The European Connection." Sounds exciting!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^ so they might be able to get 175/60 r13??????? Check that for me as i would be in for a few sets
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                            ^ so they might be able to get 175/60 r13??????? Check that for me as i would be in for a few sets
                            would you be willing to buy 50-100 tires? That's about the smallest order I'll be able to get...
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
                              I just heard that the Smart Car has 12" tires. I have not verified this yet. With this said, wouldn't that mean that 12" tire production would start back up to some degree?
                              they actually run 165 55 15s
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                                they actually run 165 55 15s
                                Thanks for the clarifiction. I did not have the chance to verify it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X