X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard!
    Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

well, swapping the entire harness is all i am worried about, what ever car i pull the engine from, im sure i can find an ecu to swap no problem. The gas tank is another simple pull and swap from another car. The big problem you be pulling the entire harness and trying to wire.

Comment

Been there, done it, got the T-shirt.

sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

wow nice fresh, well i guess it can def. be done with some free time. So, one more time in order for this to work (b6t swap before its said and done) am I going to need a efi festiva harness, or a capri xr2 harness? Also, i assume i will need the matching computer to put in as well.

Sorry about all of the questions, Todd

Comment

I am having a hard time doing my wiring harness swap. I have to find a LX FI harness because of the LX having all the accerories. I am going from carbed to Fuel injected but staying with the B3 for now.
            Used to own: 1993 mitsubushi eclipse GS-T and 1990 eagle talon tsi AWD turbo.

Currently own: 1992 Ford Festiva L, Gave to my brother.
            1988 festiva LX
            Future beast in the making:evil5:
            1992 festiva L, silver and going to be made into a 1992 LX.

1988 suzuki lt250R quadracer. Banshee killer!

Comment

I had to swap in a complete new harness on my BP car too... Not bad if you remove the fenders and take your time... Took my a few hours to remove the old harness and about the same to put the new one back in place.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by boosted_eclpse View Post
                I am having a hard time doing my wiring harness swap. I have to find a LX FI harness because of the LX having all the accerories. I am going from carbed to Fuel injected but staying with the B3 for now.
                I dont think so. You arent changing the cabin harness are you ? Even then there probably isnt that much difference if any except for the options themselves.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                  I dont think so. You arent changing the cabin harness are you ? Even then there probably isnt that much difference if any except for the options themselves.
                  No not the cabin harness, just the main one from engine to ecu/fusebox. I was trying to seperate the new FI harness from all the light wiring so I could just install it onto my LX without having to touch its light wiring harness. Just install the engine/Ecu harness, but once I got started, the dog and cat were chasing each other through the house, tripped on the wiring harness and got all tangled up, now I dont know what goes where so I gave up.

Sorry todd for cluttering your thread with BS.
                  Used to own: 1993 mitsubushi eclipse GS-T and 1990 eagle talon tsi AWD turbo.

Currently own: 1992 Ford Festiva L, Gave to my brother.
                  1988 festiva LX
                  Future beast in the making:evil5:
                  1992 festiva L, silver and going to be made into a 1992 LX.

1988 suzuki lt250R quadracer. Banshee killer!

Comment

its all good, its actually relevant lol im just gathering info to see what im getting myself into.

Comment

hey everyone, what engine is this and will it work in a festy. How about the trannies, will they bolt to a stock B3 engine?

car: 1991 mazda protege' 5 speed

There were 3 or 4 protege's at the yard with 5-speeds between 1991 and 1994. Only 1 festy though, and it was an auto, BUT with the fact that its EFI that give me a donor car for my wire harness and efi b3 engine,m but that doesnt help my transmission turn, lol.

Comment

that is what is referred to around here as a B8, a SOHC version of the BP. it will bolt up to your stock festiva transmission. festivawes has done this swap.
                        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

but its no good for turboing then?

Comment

does anybody make B3 turbo exhaust manifolds?? lol

Comment

^ Check out this thread

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.
                              sigpic

Comment

sweet thanks for the link, all i need is an exhaust mani, and a new tranny lol. Will any other trannies offer better gearing in a b3 turbo. i still want the last gear to retain good gas but the other ones i wouldnt argue with more get up :p

Comment

Working...
                                X