This is why kids street race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why kids street race.

Click for Larger Image It’s sad but true: when I was a kid, Internet access pretty much didn’t exist. I didn’t even start reading USENET until 1990, at which point I was already e…

There's no way to get into entry-level racing without spending $1,000+ a weekend. Everyone is wondering why kids are racing on the streets, why don't they just go on a Track? Well, its because the tracks and associations want to make you spend thousands of dollars that one weekend.

I called Sebring one week to see if they allow open track days. They said no but I could rent the track for 11 GRAND. Why is there even a race track if they aren't going to use it 10 times a year? It's so stupid.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

I'm sure the biggest reason the track doesn't have open track days is because of insurance purposes. Nice story you have there, I'd sure like to have that mustang at the top of the page!
    -Josh R

Comment

That's what waivers are for.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

There is no good reason for street racing. Boneheads that do it are, well, boneheads.
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Say a person who signed a waiver takes a chunk out of the wall. Who pays for it? With spectators comes dolars and sponsers. How many people go to a AutoX event as opposed to a Sanctioned NASCAR event?

I'm not defending street racing though. I can just see how it's viable.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

i go around racing whoever wants to race, its fun for me, some people just take it too seriously. as long as you use common sense with it, i see no problem. heck i`ll race evo's, sti's, and srt4's with my sentra, knowing that i`m going to loose, but its all just for fun (FREE fun).

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
              There is no good reason for street racing. Boneheads that do it are, well, boneheads.
              get a quick car and then come back to this thread lol. i can almost gaurantee you that you will be pursuaded to horse around every now and then. road controllers will do nothing but annoy you also.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
                Say a person who signed a waiver takes a chunk out of the wall. Who pays for it?
                Thats why the waiver says something in the tone of "If you mess up something, you pay for it."
                Current cars:

Comment

Waivers dont stand up in court!!!!

Comment

racing is fun street racing is fun and free. running from the cops is even more fun..
                    YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ketchup View Post
                      racing is fun street racing is fun and free. running from the cops is even more fun..
                      more fun and intensly stressfull but.... tickets sucks really bad... and impounded cars suck worse

Comment

Fine a abandoned airstrip, become really good friends, drag race the hell out of it. Thats what I did. The airstrip is exactly 1/4 mile run. We taped it off for 1/8 mile run. A long as I take care of the runway, the guy don't care. That and its kinda remote so the cops and pedestrians aren't no where around.
                        Used to own: 1993 mitsubushi eclipse GS-T and 1990 eagle talon tsi AWD turbo.

Currently own: 1992 Ford Festiva L, Gave to my brother.
                        1988 festiva LX
                        Future beast in the making:evil5:
                        1992 festiva L, silver and going to be made into a 1992 LX.

1988 suzuki lt250R quadracer. Banshee killer!

Comment

John Force was asked why he did so well in racing.

He replied "I have the the money to buy the latest technoligy needed to win".

Thats why I got out of drag racing , it was nothing more then a "who has more money ".

They should just have the drivers walk up to a tree and start cramming money into a hat, who ever has the most gets the win light.
                          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I'm not going to get on my soapbox and type up a full reply to this that would probably require this post getting move to the arena. But let me say this:

Anyone, I repeat ANYONE who thinks that street racing is just "free fun" should PM me and will tell you all about the accident resulting from a street race that I witnessed. Anyone who has literally watched a mother lose her 5 and 7 year old kids and her unborn baby due to a streetrace between a boosted civic and a v8 camaro will think twice before looking over and revving the engine at the guy beside you and doing something stupid. Doesn't matter how good of a driver you are either, there's always factors you can't control. I know the driver of the camaro (who has now served about 4 years of his 15 year sentence for two counts of involuntary manslaughter) and he was a very good driver... but he never should have raced on a public road, and his skills couldn't make up for the fact that the guy in the civic had probably only had his license for a week (he got away because noone got his tag number and he ran after bumping the mother's minivan off the road).

That is all for now.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^couldnt agree more. Street racing is stupid. Period.
                              Down here in Vancouver at our local 1/4 strip almost every friday from about april to october(unless there is a BIG event going on) they have the street legal drags. 25 bucks get you in the gates pass a quick inspect and of you go and get as many passes as you can...depending on turnout it usually is 6 runs. not bad for 25 bucks.

-Scott
                              Aqua 93 L
                              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                              X