Let my boss borrow skeeter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let my boss borrow skeeter...

I borrowed his F150 to go pick up a ninja 250 ($325 - can't wait till schools out to put it on the road) and left him my car in trade for the day. He has talked about getting a festiva before, and when I went back to trade cars again today he said he really wants one now. I'm afraid Skeeter may not be a very fair representation of the festiva kind, seeing as nothing on it is stock, but still... I have never had anyone drive my car and say they didn't like it.

I told him I've got one I could sell him, we'll see... the festiva madness spreads
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

So would that be an intentional infection?
    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

you dont need a truck to take a mtor bike... they fit in the back of the festiva lol BTW, i dont think i could letanyone drive my festiva, not even with me in the passenger seat.... it freaks me out....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Spread the infection....FESTIVAS for all!!
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

no no no... festivas for ME! if everybody likes them, then there wont be any left!
          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Well maybe he would like a Festiva...what's for sure...he sure likes what you did to yours! That's one heck of a compliment...You must have done a lot of nice work.
            Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
            The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Well I need one of my Festy's gone and this would be a way of keeping it close And he would then prob bring it back to my place for repairs etc, so I would get to keep my eye on it!

This is the new project. The first thing I've owned that isn't a festy:

and yea, I think it would have fit in the back of a festiva! But we were hoping to pick up two bikes that day, which wouldn't have worked out that well.
              ~Nate

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

two bikes is no problem lol jk... that will be a sweet ride when its done : i have allways liked crotch rockets and the sound they make drool

edit. i just looked at the pic again, is it a 4 cylinder? if so, a 250 4 cylinder.... the pistons must be the size of pennys or mentos lol...
                Last edited by sasquatch; 04-17-2009, 12:11 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

@ 250cc its not exactly a "crotch rocket", but it should be great fun in the twistiest!

its a 2 cyl, DOHC 8v. 26hp @ the rear wheel, top speed around 110, 60-70 mpg, 6spd trany.

Still working on getting a title for it... clean the carbs, hook up some lights, and should be good to go. It runs now but it needs some relatively minor work before I can take it on the street!
                  ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Cool Nate, be safe!
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

good bikes keep it rubber side down
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                        good bikes keep it rubber side down
                        rubber side down... lol

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

you should stick a race pipe on it its got the header, all you need is a straight-through muffler/pipe make it scream :twisted: whats the red-line on it?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

yea its got a SS aftermarket header, and the muffler is a straight through with removable/repackable guts. My dad has the same mufflers on his bike, their nice b/c you can make them as loud or quite as you want. Its all rusty but I'll prolly sand it down and just spray it high-temp black or something and keep that muffler for now.
                            Its got a 14k redline.
                            Talked to a guy this afternoon who had to get a replacement title for one of his CJs, and what he said was in line with what I found researching the posibilities online... looks like it should take about 1.5months and around $50 to get a title. Hope so!! I want to ride it!
                            ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

sounds like it will be fun to ride. and a 14K rpm red line would be fun too

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X