Can anyone identify these rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify these rims?

Hey there.. I really, REALLY like these rims.. They're 4X100 pattern and 13" so they'd be perfect for an aspire swap'd festy...

These ones are for sale.. but they're kinda rusty and one of the rims is pretty beaten up..

Apparently they're stamped "GM" on one of the sides.. but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Anyone have a clue where these came from?

I am sure that they are not factory , they look like a old set of Chrome centerlines .

Aftermarket Centerlines or maybe American Racing .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Agreed. Definitely aftermarket. I remember working on a mid 90's Protege that had those on it. Those are wee rubber plugs around the outside, right?
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have no idea, those things are on the other side of the country... but in the same city as my car

Comment

Looks a lot like these Cragers ^^
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

they look like the old cragers

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

Ive got the same rims on my car, was trying to find out what brand they were too!....some one on the site told me they got a set new. I cant remember who and ive since delete the pm. Mine were a craigslist special too. They rust very easily...but if you got em new it would be a little easier to keep them rust free. Mine were pitted and it has become a lost battle
              Last edited by leapin; 04-24-2009, 08:30 AM.

-Scott
              Aqua 93 L
              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Aww I like those rims but if they rust easy in BC... They'll disintegrate over here. (Actually... I'd be taking them off for the winter...)

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                  Ive got the same rims on my car, was trying to find out what brand they were too!....some one on the site told me they got a set new. I cant remember who and ive since delete the pm. Mine were a craigslist special too. They rust very easily...but if you got em new it would be a little easier to keep them rust free. Mine were pitted and it has become a lost battle
                  It was me

I bought them brand new from someone on CL for $50, still in the box the original box and everything. I did mount my studded winter tires on them and the car was amazing in the winter! They did start to show some rust stains on them. I would recommend using some kind of wax or protectant in the winter to prevent it from getting bad.

Mine are 4 X 114.3, I have some pictures at home I can post later if you want.

Comment

Cragars

I believe they are Cragars also!

Comment

Thanks Spiko! So what brand is on the box?

Amos. Mine had a head start from being weathered/left outside/and not taken car of. If you got them fresh and put a protectant on them and cleaned them reg. you be OK i think

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Hrrrm I dont plan on running 'em in the winter, I'll just get some old steelies from and assfire or something like that and mount some monster studded tires on them

I found the wheels on Cragar's website, They're called "320 Seiries quick trick I"

Now, the rim size is listed as "13X5.5" but there's two bolt patterns, they have "4X4.25" and "4X4.5" which one of these would be for an aspire swapped Fest?

I know the bolt pattern is 4X100... but are they just using a different unit of measurement or something?

Also.. What sort of protectant can you put on chrome rims? I'm new to the whole "Nice car" thing... I've only ever driven beaters I didn't care about... But festivas have changed my ways

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                          Thanks Spiko! So what brand is on the box?

Amos. Mine had a head start from being weathered/left outside/and not taken car of. If you got them fresh and put a protectant on them and cleaned them reg. you be OK i think
                          Everything I know about the wheels are posted below in the pictures. The ones I have are 13 X 5.5, 4 X 114.3 (Stock Festiva Pattern).

Leapin, I was going to ask you if you could recommend any kind of cleaning products that would remove or reduce some of the rust. It's not bad at all, mostly just stains but I'd rather stay ahead of that.

Comment

i used SOFT steal wool and rub it over any rust spots... i know it sounds like it will scratch it but i even used it to take over spray off of car windows... it works great but just to make sure it wont scratch it rub it on the back of the wheel or somthing. then i guess car wax (not polish) would work good for keeping them nice and clean. or maby there is somthing that is made just for chrome wheels...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Have you ever tried using wheel cleaning acid? I used to get it from the clean-up dept. in the dealership I worked at. You spray it on the wheels dry, it foams up and stinks bad enough to curl your nose hair, then you hose it off with water. The rust disappears and the chrome wheels look like new. They'll rust pretty quickly after so you need to protect them with wax or wd-40. The stuff could make old cast aluminum wheels look like you just pulled them out of the box too. I used to use it on everything from crusty intake manifolds to transmission cases. They couldn't use it on clear coated wheels because it would discolor and lift the coating.

Comment

Working...
                              X