Cheap new car for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garylau View Post
    Sorry, I missed the "no GM". What do you mean, always fixing them? I've owned too many GM products to count and they have been very good to me. Now Chrysler is another story. Each to his own, though. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a very boring world.
    I'm just harassing FestYboy...

I honestly think that GM has some VERY good products at the moment. The current Malibu has really impressed me, along with the Silverado. Don't think much of the Colorado, though...

Oh, and I had one GM product, and only one. It was SO bad, I avoided them like the plauge for the next 15 years!!! A 1989 S-10, 2.8L 5spd, 2wd, purchased new in March of '89. It barely made it past 60K miles before the engine locked-up due to a sheared oil pump shaft. This was after having the trans replaced 3 times for it eating its bearings alive, as well as a host of electrical probems that began to manifest themselves only hours after taking delivery of it. GM has come a long way....
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

We got a Kia Soul in the funky lime green at my weekend job...loaded with bluetooth and alloys etc...listed for only $17000 and my 6'3" boss fit in front AND back with the front seat left where it was when he drove it. It was really awesome! Base five speed listed for $14000....but do not know if it had air or not.

Comment

Sorry...$200 a month is like financing $10000 or less. Used cars...market wide open. She can get ANYTHING from used Lexus to a used Corolla or Civic. She can get a low mile KIA Spectra with lots on it and get a 2008 model if you look enough. They drive nice too!

Comment

I'd opt for the Nissan Versa, Kia Rio, or Hyundai Accent myself.

Knock on wood the s-10 that i have runs like a champ. 105k and still rolling hard. I've towed ALOT of things and stuff with it, run it to redline frequently, abuse the clutch/trans. That thing doesn't know how NOT to start.
          Last edited by festivaWES; 04-27-2009, 09:34 PM.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

What about a Yaris? 300K you know! Have you looked under the hood of a Versa? Nightmare city!

Comment

How about a Suzuki
              Last edited by Biglay5150; 04-27-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Suzuki Aerio hatch is neat...especially the last year..07 I think. The new Suzuki SX4 can be found used too and it has high marks from Consumer Guide as a best buy. Kind of funky too.

Comment

one car i forgot about is the new base Impreza. subarus are excellent and safe cars imo. you can get a base 5 spd sedan for less than $15k iirc. they come standard with awd,p/w,p/l, ect.

Comment

How about a new Civic. My brother has one and really enjoys it.
                    Tim S

Comment

My brother bought a slightly used Hyundai (2006?) Accent GT for 9900, and he loves it. I have drove it a few times and it is pretty nice. Even came with leather interior. Not brand new but they seem to be pretty good cars.

Comment

Working...
                      X