Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I killed my 1995 mustang gt today.....anything i chould have done to stop this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I killed my 1995 mustang gt today.....anything i chould have done to stop this?

whats up guys so here is my story. i go to uti in exton on the way home today it was raining rally hard and if you have ever driven a rwd v8 car you know they suck int he rain. so i was on pa 100 which is a big 3 lane road so i was in the far left lane and i go to switch lanes so i speed up a little bit and switch but i hit the gas just enought that the rear broke lose the car started to go towards the far left lane so i just left off the gas thinking it whould get traction (this has happened to me many times before) so i let the gas off and i did not even try to counter it because it was not going to the left that much than the car swings to the right i was going 45mph and it swang hard and i thought oh crap so it smash a rail guard do a 360 smash into a concreat wall whisn was an overpass and did another 360 and slid 20 ft through two lanes. as for the car well it in a better place now. so that was my great day at uti.

Thaat sucks man. It's always sad to see a pony die.

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

that's UTI thinking for you. i grew up near there in west chester, most students are ignorant with pretty lame cars. one thing to do to stop this, drive more carefully and you go to a mechanic training school, find a fixer-upper and build a better car.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
      Paulbarrera12.com
      Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

We should bow our heads in silence for another fallen pony................
        I've come close to the same thing driving my '04 GT in the rain. What's scary is that a lot of the time you can't even feel the rear-end break loose until it's too late.
        Ample torque, short wheelbase, nose heavy weight distribution, stiff springs and wide tires make for an occasional surprise.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

my cousin killed a 4 banger the same way
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Awesome, now you can get a real car! :p But glad to hear you are ok!
            Last edited by BUSTIVA; 05-07-2009, 11:53 PM.
            '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

You're probably going to hate me for this post, but I have to say it....

Anything you could have done to stop this? Yeah... used better judgement. You said it yourself that it had happened before. Sounds to me like you just liked to kick it hard and show off.

Maybe you should consider something with a little less power.... something you can actually control. The real world isn't like a living Fast & Furious movie.

RIP Mustang.

With that said, no hard feelings... losing a nice car sucks! Just be thankful you are alive. Did you have the mustang fully insured? Or just liability? What's your insurance company saying about it?
              Last edited by Britstiva; 05-08-2009, 06:39 AM.
              www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
              www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
              Snoopy's
              4621 Atlantic Ave
              Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

v8 mustang in the fast lane in the rain with a 19 year behind the wheel.... crash. Sounds about right.
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

^ agreed
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                    v8 mustang in the fast lane in the rain with a 19 year behind the wheel.... crash. Sounds about right.
                    LoL

Originally posted by jermnc77 View Post
                    You're probably going to hate me for this post, but I have to say it....
                    Maybe you should consider something with a little less power.... something you can actually control.
                    If you can't handle a 14 sec car you need to just get some rollerblades.
                    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

If your going to drive an expensive car fast in the rain you should invest in a driving school that teaches you about how to control your car in different conditions. Since I don't know what the speed limit was I'll assume that you were over it...dumb idea in adverse conditions. If your going to "test" your vehicle's ability, you should first do it in a parking lot or closed road so that if anybody gets hurt it's only you! I'm of the mind that it is your responsibility to know how to drive your car in adverse conditions, so when I was teaching my sister how to drive I took her to a parking lot in the rain, sleet, snow/ice and any other adverse condition I could find to let her feel what it would feel like to slide and how to be prepared to control it. The streets are NOT a place to learn how to drift! I am not saying drive like a grandma, I'm saying drive responsibly.
                      89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by xanthinic12 View Post
                        that's UTI thinking for you. i grew up near there in west chester, most students are ignorant with pretty lame cars. one thing to do to stop this, drive more carefully and you go to a mechanic training school, find a fixer-upper and build a better car.
                        ummm WTF? best watch yourself there bub, i graduated from there and that's partially how Scrappy got on the road. Alex is no dumby, so don't go coraling him in with the other UTI trash.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

why are you all hating on him? speed limit on that section is 55 and he was doing 45...
                          also the pavement is like glass when it gets wet there so there's really no safe speed when wet. just because he drives a V8 doesn't make him a wreckless driver.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            ummm WTF? best watch yourself there bub, i graduated from there and that's partially how Scrappy got on the road. Alex is no dumby, so don't go coraling him in with the other UTI trash.
                            Sorry, I HAVE to pick on you a little...

dumby? - dummy

coraling? - corralling

I just couldn't help myself!! No malice intended
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I didn't say he was a reckless driver, nor did I say anything negative about the V8. I did say that before he tries to test his vehicle's handling capabilities on the road he should learn how to handle it off the road. I'm not "hating on him", nor was I saying that he did anything wrong. I don't know the area, nor did I know the speed limit, he asked if there was anything he could do to prevent it...well there is always something you could have done, but your not always as prepared as you thought you were. I just suggested to be more aware of his vehicle's limits.
                              89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Working...
                              X