Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I killed my 1995 mustang gt today.....anything i chould have done to stop this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sad

i killed my 83 gt going a little fast on wet roads it was my baby!!! i did a 180 at 55 and went 250ft backwards into the ditch and hit hard enough to rip my seat through the floorboad! [ATTACH][/ATTACH]

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
      Wow...what's up with the hating? Perhaps it was a bad judgement, perhaps a bad patch of sleek road by chance. He just lost his car! I'd be really upset if I just crashed a Mustang. Im sorry for your loss man. I'm a Ford guy btw, Mustang's are sweet. Also, I'm confused about the post of the post bout what's gonna make you lose traction...in what circumstance is a wider tire gonna give you less traction?
      As for the traction issue........a wider tire is going to give you less traction especially on a wet surfuce do to hydroplaning. On dry pavement it can happen because you may have a larger contact patch against the road surface but you also have less pounds per square inch of rubber meeting the road which also come into play on a wet surface. Of course these are just my opinions..............

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
        As for the traction issue........a wider tire is going to give you less traction especially on a wet surfuce do to hydroplaning. On dry pavement it can happen because you may have a larger contact patch against the road surface but you also have less pounds per square inch of rubber meeting the road which also come into play on a wet surface. Of course these are just my opinions..............
        That's the basic idea. Wider tires increase the contact area which is ideal on dry surface or even wet surface, but there is a trade-off. The problem is when there is standing water present. The increased contact area reduces the force/in^2 that the car exerts on the road and also gives the surface tension of the water more area to act upon creating a reactionary lifting force (flotation). Of coarse, the tread depth and water channeling design make a big difference on resistance to hydroplaning. I have almost new Raptor directional P245/45ZR17's on my '04GT. They stick like glue on dry or even wet roads, but if I drive in the "hog troughs" during a hard rain or hit standing water it's like being on water skis.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
          Well they do.

&

Ford's in general

&
          Harley's
          Thats just my opinion though...
          I don't like you any more!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

I think everyone is overlooking that a "posi" can easily lock in poor traction situations and the car does not usually go straight...surprising the driver. A one wheel wonder goes straight when the one wheel loses traction. A posi, some power and poor road conditions is not for everyone ....
            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
              I think everyone is overlooking that a "posi" can easily lock in poor traction situations and the car does not usually go straight...surprising the driver. A one wheel wonder goes straight when the one wheel loses traction. A posi, some power and poor road conditions is not for everyone ....
              now if a car has a poxy where both wheels always lose traction, the driver learns to expect it

for example, my 300zx in snow, every time the tires started to spin, even a little bit, i knew the car would go sideways

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Exactly...
                1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Yes yes...I was kinda thinking that...duh. I do find that my Festiva hydroplanes easier than any other car I've had and it's got the smallest contact surface on the tires. It's also the lightest. Now that I think of it though...I did have trouble with my Integra, which had decently wide tires and weighed bout 2000 lbs. I'm thinking with the Festiva hydroplaning, that it's the "tracks" sunk down in the road where water sits and smaller tires get into those "tracks" easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X