2010 Mustang beats Camaro & Challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Mustang beats Camaro & Challenger

I was reading the latest issue of Car & Driver yesterday in WalMart. (And my wife wonders why it takes me so long to get groceries). They had a comparison between the 2010 Stang, the new Camaro with 425hp, and the new Charger with the big Hemi. Other than the straight line acceleration (it was the fastest), it didn't sound like Car & Driver was real impressed with the Camaro. They made a pretty bid deal about the Mustang winning the shootout and having the smallest engine but being the best all-around performing and best balanced car of the bunch. I must admit, I'm not crazy about the rear styling of the 2010 Stang, but compared to the funky flared rear quarters and grill of the Camaro, it looks pretty good.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

the new challenger wins my heart every time I look at it. I want one with the 5.7L hemi and mds so I can afford to drive it. I'd like to get one eventually and have it in lime green with a black hood and R/T stripe. Maybe a black vinyl top.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

ya i glanced at a new camaro the other day at a local car show, i was not impressed by the looks whatsoever, its ugly in my opinion. i cant speak for how it drives but i wouldn't buy one. the challenger on the otherhand makes me drool when i look at it.

Comment

the camaro looked so sick to me when i saw it for the first time in transformers, then i saw it in Vegas on a rotary thingy on top of a bank of slot machines in circus circus (weird place for someone to park there car but at least no door dings hehe) and i was so disappointed!!!! i tint cars for a living so i got to drive a couple of challengers DROOL and i agree the old school green with black graphics is so wicked. but the mustang is the king of muscle!!!!! (only my opinion)

Comment

I dunno why no one likes the rear end of the 2010 mustang, I think it looks good. I've seen a few of em driving around (dealers) and I liked it. Besides there are a lot worse rear ends (and overall design) than the 2010 mustang. (See: Cube, xB, Soul)

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

I read a comparison while waiting for an alignment the other day. Dont remember the mag. but they compared those same cars for overall performance and they picked the camero as best over all , mustang second, and the dodge third. They also said the real surprise was the six cylinder mustang. They picked it for best bang for the buck and it wasnt even in the shootout.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Challenger is a two ton porker....
              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Im a little surprised. What Ive read in different car mags, they say the 6 cylinder Camaro is the surprise. Its putting out almost as much horsepower as the Mustang.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I think the front of the new Mustang looks more aggressive then the previous generation, but i'm still undecided on the back end

I honestly like all those cars, Mustang, Camaro, Challenger but the Challenger is my favorite

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
                    Challenger is a two ton porker....
                    Not quite 2 tons, but almost as much as a 300.

Both of which are lighter than that boat they call the Charger.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Correct Fresh !!

I have the article and the one I have said that the Camaro was the best at braking , acceleration , 1/4 mile time , pretty much overall .

It all depends on which model Camaro you are looking at , the SS with the RS package is by far the best looking , and color does play a big part .

The plain RS , does look pretty plain .
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                        Im a little surprised. What Ive read in different car mags, they say the 6 cylinder Camaro is the surprise. Its putting out almost as much horsepower as the Mustang.
                        I thought the same thing. I was a little disappointed when the Camaro they tested had the 425hp V8. I was looking forward to seeing a test on the V6. The Camaro was easily the fastest of the bunch. I think it weighed like 3800lbs as tested and ran a low 13. The Stang and Challenger were dead even at 13.6, but the Challenger was well over 4000lbs. Never thought I'd see the day that a new Mustang is considered light!
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                        X