No announcement yet.

Just wondering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out that he (FFW) bought the head from one of the moderators.

Comment

ok so let me get this sorted out... the 1st gen b6 head WILL fit on the b3 no problem? all oil and water ports line up 100%? will the intake and exhaust bolt up?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

oi. Ok so here is the run down on B6 on B3 block. When i bought the head i thought had early B6 but it turn out it was second gen B6 head (90+)? Now the kabuki gasket set that i purchased also from him as well, only head gasket match, but everything did not match (intake and exhaust manifold did not match at all, only early b6 gaskets did).....which made me think it was early b6. Of course this was when i already installed everything and noticed car just overheat fast like less than 3 minutes. Removed head found water jakets dont match. Then bought an early B6 head gasket and did not match with B6 head....so it was late B6. I still have the head gasket from early and late and have old B3 head gasket as well. Will take pictures tomorrow morning and compare em as well. To my conclusion early and late head gasket did not match B3 bottom, i could double check again can go to jy and test it out on a festiva that i saw last week.

Comment

According to WIKIPEDIA, the 8 valve SOHC B6 motor is found in:
          85-94 Mazda 323
          88-90 Mercury Tracer
          92 Mazda MX-3
          96-98 Kia Sephia
          Which of these are considered first generation?

Comment

OK, problem solved? Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by FFW View Post
              oi. Ok so here is the run down on B6 on B3 block. When i bought the head i thought had early B6 but it turn out it was second gen B6 head (90+)? Now the kabuki gasket set that i purchased also from him as well, only head gasket match, but everything did not match (intake and exhaust manifold did not match at all, only early b6 gaskets did).....which made me think it was early b6. Of course this was when i already installed everything and noticed car just overheat fast like less than 3 minutes. Removed head found water jakets dont match. Then bought an early B6 head gasket and did not match with B6 head....so it was late B6. I still have the head gasket from early and late and have old B3 head gasket as well. Will take pictures tomorrow morning and compare em as well. To my conclusion early and late head gasket did not match B3 bottom, i could double check again can go to jy and test it out on a festiva that i saw last week.
              I had the bought head rebuilt from a guy in Rogersville, MO. I was told it came from a 86-89 323 application....the gasket set was supposed to be for the same application. JISengine.com may have messed up my order...but it seems they got it right. I kept everything in their original packages and decided to sell.

You could probablt turn around and sell that head to someone on here that has a later model 8 valve 323 engine.
              Last edited by festivaWES; 07-10-2009, 06:48 PM.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
              X