No announcement yet.

Who's more right??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go do the girlfriend, take pictures, nail them to his front door just before you burn his car to the ground!!!
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

your 300 % right and should have hit the face not the shoulder he had these thoughts a plans before he even got in the car what if he broke something wtf ahhhh id like to hit him
      i got 2 brothers of my own for that i say you still owe him some payback do some prank to his butt
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

No friends have EVER drove anyone of my cars!! For this very reason ^^
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Thanks guys, I couldn't believe, he was still a little mad at me tonight when I saw him.

I'm guessing he thought it was ok to do it because everytime he drives his Ford Fusion V6 he takes off with the pedal to the floor non stop until 63mph (in a 55).

There has been times where he has let me floor is Fusion, but I did only on times where he told me to gun it, otherwise, I was always nice to his car. Plus, his car I'm sure can take more of a beating than our little festy's.

Thanks for all of your responses!!
          -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
            Thanks guys, I couldn't believe, he was still a little mad at me tonight when I saw him.

I'm guessing he thought it was ok to do it because everytime he drives his Ford Fusion V6 he takes off with the pedal to the floor non stop until 63mph (in a 55).

There has been times where he has let me floor is Fusion, but I did only on times where he told me to gun it, otherwise, I was always nice to his car. Plus, his car I'm sure can take more of a beating than our little festy's.

Thanks for all of your responses!!
            Personally, I think your response was entirely too mild, but for him to be mad is just stupid. And if he drives his Fusion that way all the time, wonder where it'll be in 15 years??? J/Y anyone?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by knux511 View Post
              I think its a man-law, something about not thrashing on a fellow mans ride, unless consent is given.
              Definitely agree with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                Personally, I think your response was entirely too mild, but for him to be pissed is just stupid. And if he drives his Fusion that way all the time, wonder where it'll be in 15 years??? J/Y anyone?
                x2
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

wow, nicely put batstiva! I like that!
                  -Josh R

Comment

^^ Hey, did I finally have something intelligent to say??:iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

The only time i'd ever let anyone do that to my car (not my red car) is IF they asked me before they did anything stupid

So if i were you, i would have done the same thing, if not worse

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

There's always a pride in ownership, and people with no pride or respect abuse other people's stuff...that's why I would NEVER buy a former rental car.

It sounds like your family dynamic is "shtuff rolls down hill..." and you're precieved to be at the bottom. Change that.

You should have punched him...then pushed him out the window toward the nearest tree.

FX
                        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

hmm, I like what you have said Brenton.

But, quick question, could you explain what you mean by "shtuff rolls down hill..." ?
                          -Josh R

Comment

Families often have pecking orders that follow age lines. I won't speculate how your family works, but often the "shtuff" starts at the top, then passes to the oldest born, then second, on down the line. If you're the youngest, well....you understand. It happened in my family for a long time, my brother is 7 years older than me, had the upper hand by shear experience, deflected "shtuff" down the line. I'm only speculating, if your brother feels like he can jump in your car and abuse it, he's diss'ing you, with the whole family as an audience, with you the clown. The only way to stop it is to stand up to it like one would a bully.

But then, what do I know. Good luck.

FX
                            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

without any psychology involved, if he drives his own car that way, i would speculate thats how he would drive any car. i think its a natural reflex to act as you did. you learned a lesson, keep your keys away from him. be the bigger man and just act like everything is ok, put it in the past and go on. some pple dont understand the festiva disease.

i remember when i was trying to teach my ex to drive...my poor festiva. ive taught several pple to drive, and been very patient with them, but god she scared the hell outta me. no, i didnt punch her in the arm, just screamed now and then. like when she was driving on the wrong side of a divided street. if my car could have spoken...it would have said..."why are letting this crazy woman drive me this way".
                              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

neutral drop his car from redline
                                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                                X