Here go's:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here go's:

A long time ago my best friend Dave bought a Festiva. I do not know why he bought it. I picked on him for getting it. The car eventually grew on me. He asked me to look on the internet for things that would be cool for the car. I stumbled across this site here. It has answered a lot of questions about the car.
    Well in the last month I lost my best friend to a heart attack. He was only 39 years old. He is surrvived by his 11 year old daughter Tori. Well with his death almost a month ago questions were being asked what was happing with the Festie. Well long story short I paid to get it out of the garage and took one less worry off his daughters shoulders.
    SO I AM NOW A PROUD OWNER OF A 88 LX. There are a ton of new parts on the car. I do not have very many pictures of the car yet however one of the jewels that came with the car is the rare spoiler. It also has 2 new finders, headlights, tail lights, hatch, clutch, tie rods, half shafts, wheels, tires, ball joints, 1 new A arm, both wheel bearings, and the list keeps going. My friend put a lot of time and effort in this little car. I now have it and am going to be doing the same.
    Something that we always talked about is hooking this thing up with a turbo motor. I think that if I did that it would be down the road and not to far out of reach. I know that he always wanted to do it but never had the time and money. Well I think that I do so I am going to be investigating it a little further. If there are any links that could help ask the main questions of this swap any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Well with all that said...I think that everyone is going to be seeing me around here a lot and please do not mind me if I ask a ton of questions. I am not familiar with the Festiva at all. Thanks again
    Dan

Welcome to the site. And good luck with the festy. Dave would be proud to see you doing something with it. Hope it looks as nice as that mustang when your done. Is that an '86? My first car was an 86 gt
    Last edited by eurotiva; 08-07-2009, 05:10 AM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on taking over the festiva. Any question you have canbe answered by one of themany knowledgable people here.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

So sorry to hear of the loss of anyone, particularly so young...

I'm sure he would be happy to know his Festy is in good hands.
        1989 Red L- The Baron
        www.letstalkbeatles.com
        Link to Baron Pics:
        http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
        1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Sorry about your loss. Especially for his 11 year old. Grats on the festy. Turbo would be cool, fast, and fun. Another thought though. It would be cheap to keep it stock and jst maintin it. And it would still be safe and SPECIAL to give it back to his daughter when she turns 16. 5 years passes quickly. Imagine the look on her face when daddy's car is offered to her. Just a thought.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

That's an awesome thought, man!!^^^^^^^
            1989 Red L- The Baron
            www.letstalkbeatles.com
            Link to Baron Pics:
            http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
            1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Festie. That's rough, especially for his daughter. Sounds like she's got good people around to help her through this. 39 is young, no doubt. My Dad has his heart attack at 40, but he survived his. Sounds like the Festiva is in good hands. Not sure what your overall plans are, but I agree that Paul's thought is awesome. I don't know the family at all, but I'm guessing Tori would be thrilled to have back the car her Dad loved so much.

And don't worry about asking too many questions. About the only thing we like better around here than driving, or wrenching on Festivas, is helping other guys/gals keep theirs up and running. Best of Luck to you.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

neanderpaul...I would do that however you see that 85 Mustang in my sig? That was Daves to. I took and put it up in my garage and covered it. It is going to be here at my house for about another month and a half. After that it is going to its longer home till she is old enough to drive. It was Daves wish to have her have his Mustang.
                On a side note I would like to thank everyone that has welcomed me here. I think that I am going to get alot of information from everyone. Thanks You again.
                The more that I am looking into this turbo swap...I think that it is going to be hard to find that motor. I do not recall ever seeing one in a bone yard here in Michigan. I am going to keep looking though. Thank you again for the welcome. I think that there is a bunch of good people here.
                Dan

Comment

welcome to the site

Comment

Its good that you will be upholding his wishes - she trully has good people around her. Welcome to the forum alot of commonly asked questions can be found by using the search tab up near the top of the page. There is tons of information in the Engine Swap section on turbo options. You'll find that we a helpful forum.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Great car

Nice story, but sad too !
                      Keep the little car and keep it nice. Later maybe the daughter could get it ..if she so desires..just a thought.
                      Caring people do caring things - congrats !

Comment

Working...
                      X