No announcement yet.

Who gets laughed at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just yesterday I was sitting in my accounting class and my teacher asks the class who here paid cash for their car... I was the only person in the class to raise their hand. A class of 50 (given I go to a private university) and I was the only one. So she asks how much did you pay. I said $600. The whole class looks at me like what!? there are cars that cheap. So then she asks why I bought it. I said " I average 43 Mpg, it runs and gets me home" nuff said. Everyone in my class now wants a $600 festiva. Best lookin car in the lot! Still get the snickers though when I walk out to it

Dang kids with their parents cars
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Yea, get laughed at some, a gal i work with calls it a roller skate with a motor, it may be, but when you drive 100 miles round trip to work every day and getting 43 mpg they dont laugh so much. Also my wife hates it, so i dont have to worry bout her driving it :toothy7:

Comment

Mine is white, and a guy at work calls it a Tic Tac.. This coming from a guy that drives a mid 90's Taurus..whatever lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
          I used to get laughed at. Then the B6 found a home under the hood of Rusty. They still laugh at the rust, but not for long. Got a ticket on I90 for doing 110mph in a 65 zone. I just show them the ticket. LOL
          I'm sure the cop had to double check his radar!
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Last summer, 4 teenagers in a Honda started laughing so hard when my little red Festy (complete w/racing stripes) approached them, that they nearly ran their car off the road!

Personally I'm not bothered when folks laugh at my car. I figure, at least I brightened their [obviously miserable] day for 15 seconds! HA!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
              HELLO TONYCASH??? It also takes a real woman to drive it also! i get laughed at all the time.....but oh well! Just today a guy came up to me and said "i've got bigger tires on my tractor!" lol i thought it was funny!
              I pulled into a gas station one day and this kid come out of the store sucking on a pop, he was about 10. He walks to his parents car and leans against it and proceeds to stare at my car....slurping his pop. I look over at him and he smiles....I smile back and he decides to open his mouth...." Hey mister", "Whats up" I say, " That car ....he pauses.... what size tires are those? 10 inch" and he starts to chuckle...I kinda laughed and walked around the car....

I got up close to him and before he knew what was going on I reached out and grabbed him from the back of the head and pulled him down to the tire like when you rub a dogs nose in a mess it has made. I shove his face up against the side wall and say....."WHAT DO YOU SEE SON!?!?!?!" He mumbles something and I pull his face away and say..." RIGHT YOU LITTLE PUNK!!!!" , " They are 12 inch tires.... who's laughing now punk???" I pulled him up by his hair and threw him back up against his dads car.....walked back around....topped off the tank and drove away laughing my butt off....:p

then I woke up and got ready for work.........
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

A guy at work asked me "Whats that thing do 0-60 in 5 miles?"
                '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                  Last summer, 4 teenagers in a Honda started laughing so hard when my little red Festy (complete w/racing stripes) approached them, that they nearly ran their car off the road!

Personally I'm not bothered when folks laugh at my car. I figure, at least I brightened their [obviously miserable] day for 15 seconds! HA!
                  It's even more fun (for you) if your car can accelerate to some significant fraction of the speed of sound as you leave them in the dust.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

People laugh at your car?
                    Never noticed anyone laughing at mine!
                    But then again why would I care, most who would laugh, bought cars from manufacturers that filed for bankruptcy.
                    If they can't run a business, what makes the buyers think they can build a car?
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                      A guy at work asked me "Whats that thing do 0-60 in 5 miles?"
                      Ask him what he drives. Chances are you are within 2 seconds of his time.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I laugh at my car. But you have to have a sense of humor aside from practicality when you drive a 17 year old econobox.
                        However, if your car is in good shape and looks fairly stock, people tend to appreciate it for what it is. For example, if I see a stock Civic I don't think anything about it. It's just a decent car that get's good mileage. If I see a pimped out Civic with stickers, mismatched wheels, massive wings, gauges all over, fart can, etc. as a street car, I can't help it but laugh my butt off. Same thing goes for any car. There's a good way and a bad way to personalize your car. I guess that is a personal choice.
                        Driving a Festiva is a social experiment. You get to see how people really are. Sadly, most people judge you by what you drive. Have to have a sense of humor.
                        Oscar

Comment

My dad......

Was pokin fun at my little festy today, and I basically shut him up with 10 words:

"Got twenty bucks so I can fill my car up?''

....He never said a word, and my brother's g/f just chuckled

.......Ford crown vic drivin' old FART!!!

.....Kinda set him in his place

lol

Joe
                          Go Ahead and Laugh .....Mines faster,more fuel efficient, ...AND PAID FOR!!!!!

:sign3:

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                            I laugh at my car. But you have to have a sense of humor aside from practicality when you drive a 17 year old econobox.
                            However, if your car is in good shape and looks fairly stock, people tend to appreciate it for what it is. For example, if I see a stock Civic I don't think anything about it. It's just a decent car that get's good mileage. If I see a pimped out Civic with stickers, mismatched wheels, massive wings, gauges all over, fart can, etc. as a street car, I can't help it but laugh my butt off. Same thing goes for any car. There's a good way and a bad way to personalize your car. I guess that is a personal choice.
                            Driving a Festiva is a social experiment. You get to see how people really are. Sadly, most people judge you by what you drive. Have to have a sense of humor.
                            I concur. Some of those Hondas really do sound like airplanes. Seriously, I get laughed at a lot lately. Mostly from "manly men" in diesel pickups jacked up in the air so far I could change lanes under them. I had a guy in a BMW actually show me his car was much, much faster than mine. All these people have no idea that I drive a semi truck!:king:
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

the funny thing about getting laughed at.... it the local rich kids with new trucks and sport cars go to a local gas station to meet and talk......

I pulled there once a kid with a new Ram..... put $110 of gas in his ram...

looks at me and says when are you gonna go and buy a real car.....I said when parents decide to pay for it... then he says I would not even drive that for free...... he finishes saying that and click.... $21 of gas and its full

he shutted up there lol

Comment

i just ask them what their payment is, laugh and walk away!
                                In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
                                God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
                                This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

Working...
                                X