Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the payment reply usually shuts them up

Comment

i get a kick out of my festiva, its terrior on wheels, i cant wait for my b6 swap... or better there are alot of honda ricers, camaros, jacked up truckers...even a viper...my goal is to pull up on the viper (or any other for that matter) and shut them down...
      03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
      92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
      92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        I got up close to him and before he knew what was going on I reached out and grabbed him from the back of the head and pulled him down to the tire like when you rub a dogs nose in a mess it has made. I shove his face up against the side wall and say....."WHAT DO YOU SEE SON!?!?!?!" He mumbles something and I pull his face away and say..." RIGHT YOU LITTLE PUNK!!!!" , " They are 12 inch tires.... who's laughing now punk???" I pulled him up by his hair and threw him back up against his dads car.....walked back around....topped off the tank and drove away laughing my butt off....:p
        LoL! That made my day.

Comment

i was drivin home from work, minding my business and singin Jimi Hendrix at the top of my lungs... i look over and these two girls are damn near laughing themselves off the road. not sure if it was the car or me, probably a combination of both.
          light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
          light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Comment

lol

Comment

i had a guy at a local gas station tell me "When are you going to buy a real car?" i said "i paid $450 and i get 40 MPG and its a blast to drive. How much are you car payments on your car a month? and your MPG is how bad? i'll stick to my festiva thanks, have a great day!" i laughed and walked out. a guy met me out side and asked if i wanted to sell it. i said i will sell it when i cant drive and i cant find parts for it anymore.
              1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
              1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
              1983 Chevy Elcamino
              1993 Ford Festiva GL
              2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
              some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

I was picking up the tranny for my f-150 at the tranny shop, when 2 guys that work there made a joke about "maxing" out the weight limit on my festy when I put the tranny in the back of it. I laughed with them and said," you'd be surprised" what I can put in here. They liked my car though, and liked it even better when I told them about the 46 mph I just got out of it on the mileage run I just did. "Do you wanna sell it?" was the next thing said.
                I dont get a whole lotta laughs. Some stares and pointing, I think from the big rims and tires, but most are looks of approval. I like it and that is the only thing that matters!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

All good stories!

I rarely get laughed at, as far as I know.

I like the "social experiment" description; how people really will treat you when you ain't drivin' the blingbling car, or even "run of the mill" car.

I agree that the only folks I really would like to impress are other Festiva (and a few other really cheap cars) folks. As in:

-Guess how little I paid for this?

-Guess what I got going to Louisville averaging 55mph?

-Guess what I found in the junkyard this morning?

And for the rest of the world:

-Guess who fixes my Festiva when something's wrong?

-Guess how much it costs to fix it myself?

-Guess where I've taken it that bigger, heavier cars can't go?

Etc.

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-24-2009, 10:01 AM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Ya, i get laughed at all the time. and when i do i just go with it and make them laugh harder, i dont care the more people that think festivas are dumb, the better. lol more festivas for us!

Comment

Yeah people stop laughing at my car when it starts spinning the tires at 40 mph... So people laugh at me but i laugh at corvette's and any other car that people think is the fastest thing on the road.. I seen a vette today and said to myself look at this car it sits about 4 inches off the ground is all fiberglass and aluminum and cost 50,000 but my festiva will run it down.. Also it get almost 40 mpg i dont think you can say that about your v8

I had a guy in a lexus 300 give me props today so i think these cars turn heads probably alot more then any of us think.. When i talk to people there first ? is what kind of car is it so i guess i gotta get some more badges... lol
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Ran up next to a BMW X3 the other day. Went up a long, twisty road. He wanted to pass me bad. He did, but you could tell he was working hard to do it!! He was not a happy man as he went by. Especially when he saw me closing in on him at the top of the hill!!! He just got away !!!! Just in time!!
                        B3...63 Horse... sometimes.

"Drive On...ARMY"

Comment

Are you talking about that road that goes up into the mountains, south of Palm Springs? That's a nice one!
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

What's great is when some idiot in a sports car looks over and laughs, comments to whoever is in their passenger seat and then acts all hard, then the light turns green and they get walked. Everyone here needs to turbocharge their cars. its the greatest. Its fun to humiliate someone after they made fun of what they thought was a lesser car. No one expects it to be a 13/sub-13 second car

Comment

can you turbo a stock festiva engine? lol mine is auto so the tranny would probably drop to the floor lol

Comment

I t-charged my old festiva with the b3. It was a blast.

Comment

Working...
                                X