Who gets laughed at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets laughed at?

I know I sure as heck do. I guess that it does not help that I am a big guy driving a Festiva. I think that one of the things that gets people laughing is the HUGE stereo that is in the car. I guess that people do not expect it?
    Dan

Not so much in the new one, but Batstiva used to get some crazy reactions. Biggest problem I have now is people deciding since I'm in a little car, they can have half my lane.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

lol...as soon as they laugh i would mash the gas (if u have engine swap) and just leav'm coughin on the dust..ahaha they will be saying...it's funny looking but that lil thing can move

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

it usually goes: haha that things a lunchbox on wheels! how much mpgs does it get... (i really dont know i fill up every other week for $12) holy .... i want one of those. how much would you sell it for.

people quickly go from laughing to complete envy of the car.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
        Paulbarrera12.com
        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Well right now the 70 some HP is not leaving anything in the dust. Instead I just let the 3 10's and 1500 watts loose. That is the one thing that I do have though!

Comment

festie you got pictures of your system?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Festivas are not for people who care what other people think of them.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                Festivas are not for people who care what other people think of them.
                Not true we are always thinking about what a fellow festiva owner would think

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                92 GL - parts car
                97 aspire - parts car
                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Fair enough. Then...

Festivas are not for people who care what "regular" people think of them.
                  "
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Maybe it's got something to do with location, and how many festies are running around. There are so many of them around here, I think only us Festiva nerds give them a second glance. Other places where guys talk about only seeing one or two a week, might be different.

Only place I think I've ever had my Festiva laughed at was at Pepboys.
                    Solution- Haven't been back in there since.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Festie View Post
                      Well right now the 70 some HP is not leaving anything in the dust. Instead I just let the 3 10's and 1500 watts loose. That is the one thing that I do have though!
                      Meh not bad..... here's mine :evil4::evil4::evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

lol well all i know is when i had these rims on the car people were staring so hard to odd time they would laugh.
                        BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

In this world, there are those who desire to be different. For them was created the Festiva. There also are the others, those who refuse to stand out. For them was created everything else.
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

good one festivafan. I laughed so hard when i read "for them was created everything else"
                            Amazing Amanda

Comment

I do all the time... But it helps when im running high 13's so that shuts most people up...even by some guy i smoked at the track posted a video talkin smack... I blew my intercooler pipe off at i3 and he still couldnt catch me... Look it up on you tube. Its under crx sac raceway dohc zc...
                              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X