Looking to buy a festiva need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nickb1907 View Post
    using those charts is making me pick out my dream festiva, to bad ill im finding are clunkers

Thanks guys for answering my questions, im a little more confident in getting one now. But im looking at b6t swap now, i have a car modding problem

Anyone know of a short throw shifter for the 5 speed? Im assuming there is very little aftermarket support.
    You can use a civic short shifter. I've got one in mine and other people on here have them as well
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I think I found a good one

1992 Ford Festiva
      Red
      Good Body
      AC Cold
      Radio Good
      Gas Mileage Great
      Transmission needs rebuilding, maybe

$300

Tranny needs to be replaced, so where do i find another one for cheap or is the rebuild hard, and if its an auto is the switch to manual an easy and cheap conversion?

Comment

I saw a new auto tranny on ebay recently. Ive done the auto to manual swap while I was building a car. Youd need the shifter linkage, pedal assy, clutch cable, what ever that plate between the motor and tanny is called, manual starter, clutch/pressure plate kit, clutch switch, shifter boot, manual tranny clutch bracket, misc. Not sure about the difference in the auto and manual halfshafts. I think youd have to disable the auto lock out cable on the ignition too.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
          No problem. They will do 80 all day long. Id say they'll top out at a little over 100 stock

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=MOV02945.flv

Freshtiva -- that is awesome, cool of your video, enjoyed it ! Do you note any instability, or "lightness" while driving that 85 ? I am curious .....

Comment

Originally posted by MJD View Post
            Freshtiva -- that is awesome, cool of your video, enjoyed it ! Do you note any instability, or "lightness" while driving that 85 ? I am curious .....

None at all, a festiva in good mechanical condition is tight and stable at that speed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
              They will, had one up to 85 before..
              Thats because your speedo only went to 85 LOL!! Ive had mine up to 110!!! Stock motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickb1907 View Post
                I think I found a good one

1992 Ford Festiva
                Red
                Good Body
                AC Cold
                Radio Good
                Gas Mileage Great
                Transmission needs rebuilding, maybe

$300

Tranny needs to be replaced, so where do i find another one for cheap or is the rebuild hard, and if its an auto is the switch to manual an easy and cheap conversion?

okay just found out its a 5 speed, and apparently it has sounds like a broken linkage in the tranny, it wont shift into any gears.

I have a friend going to look at it as its 2 hours away. If he says it looks decent then i need to figure out what to do about the tranny if i get it.

Are there rebuild kits fairly decent out there for the 5 speed or a good place to get another tranny in good condition.

BTW if there anyone finds one (tranny or festiva) close to me in good condition pm me please.

Comment

Do yourself and us a favor and update your profile with your location. Never know, might be one of us close by that didnt read in your original post that youre from Houston and can help with a spare transmission or whatever.
                  Last edited by MONSOON; 08-23-2009, 08:20 PM.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

your location in your info would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by TONYCASH View Post
                      your location in your info would be helpful.
                      done

Comment

well i was going to look at it, probably buy it today. Called and said a guy bought it yesterday.

looks like im looking for another one. I have found 2 that are autos but everyone is saying that i will hate them to drive and the mpg.

this car still get 35 mpg, great pizza delivery car, have clear title in hand.
                        engine has 60k miles , car actual miles 147,000, engine and transmission
                        are in great shape, new tires, interior clean for its age, all lights work,
                        has factory a/c but needs new a/c compressor. 1993 GL

$800

50 MILES PER GALLON CAN YOU DIG IT FOR 1000.00 super clean interior could use a little paint on the outside but this little car runs great a/c auto good tires good brakes great for that student going to school, 1990

$1000

#1 looks great but ac problems and its 4 hrs away and auto
                        #2 looks like crap and i think 50MPG cant be true since its an auto, but its like 30 mins away.

Comment

Old saying "beggars can't be choosers"

Get the Auto, the white one looked (snooze you loose) nice!
                          35 MPG is still better than 10 MPG jeep!
                          Drive it till you find a 5spd.
                          Or do the ATX to 5spd swap.
                          Be thankful the ones you find aren't half rusted away!
                          Most of us in the rust belt would pay the asking price of those you've list only because there are no rust issues.
                          If you want I'm sure we can find you a $300 5spd up here, thats half way back to the iron ore it was made from.
                          It'll run great too!
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I want the white one ........you better hurry!!
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                              I want the white one ........you better hurry!!

Yeah, me too, but looks like from top of his post it was already sold!
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

The 1990 might be an LX cant tell.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X