Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Fiat.

...I think.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yes, after looking at some pics, it does look like a first-gen Fiat Panda, but the rear wheelhouse area looks a bit different, so I'm not sure.

BTW, I had a Gremlin, with a 304 V-8, and it was actually a pretty nice car. It's main downfall (for me at least), was the 4-wheel DRUM brakes. Sticking your head out the window and blowing could have stopped the car quicker.
      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
      Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
        Don't know what that car is, I only know it's not a Yugo.

Only the Brits (the Rover group) could start with something very good (basically the first Acura Legend), and end up with one of the worst cars ever (anyone remember the Sterling?)
        I was actually sort of fan of some of the mg and austin cars and the early Land Rover from 50s and 60s. When BL took over they turned into junk. Real shame. Like Studebaker and Hudson and Packard in this country, the small independent car makers in Britain couldnt compete using low sales, older technology, and rapidly increasing labor costs. They just couldnt extensively update models every couple years for amount cars they sold. They had to make engines and chassis last 20 years with only few cosmetic updates year to year. Still good cars (before BL took over) but they didnt sell against latest advertising hype from large manufactures so were screwed. Volvo and to a lesser degree, Saab, were only makers selling worldwide that made this work due to super high quality/reputation and even they had to eventually throw in the towel and sell out to Ford and GM.

Yugo was based on Fiat as was Soviet era Lada car. And with underpaid, low motivation workers, they were not great cars. Fiat wasnt that great so cheap copy of such just slapped together even worse. Apparently Fiat is selling cars as its still in buisiness, guess we'll find out when Chrysler starts selling them in USA again.

The real small cars to watch will be when India and China eventually export to USA. They can sell even cheaper than the Koreans. Expect a learning curve like Hyundai. It went from Yugo quality to rivaling the Japanese in quality.
        Last edited by Banana Bonanza; 09-04-2009, 06:37 AM.

Comment

just looks like another test drive out of Freshtiva's garage

I am the original

Comment

I found the picture when i was randomly looking around the net and found a Russian or something like that website with a bunch of different kinds of pictures that they post regularly, from funny cat pictures to weird and wacky vehicles to beautiful ladies. This one just had me laughing so hard, i just had to share. I wish i knew some more info, or had more pictures. There are some pretty neat yet scary pictures of the modifications that they do to cars over there as it seems you can basically do anything you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Wldfire View Post
              I found the picture when i was randomly looking around the net and found a Russian or something like that website with a bunch of different kinds of pictures that they post regularly, from funny cat pictures to weird and wacky vehicles to beautiful ladies. This one just had me laughing so hard, i just had to share. I wish i knew some more info, or had more pictures. There are some pretty neat yet scary pictures of the modifications that they do to cars over there as it seems you can basically do anything you want.
              Post the link for us to look at please. I or Pu241 or someone might be able to figure it out.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I will see if I can find it. I have had the picture for about 3 weeks now, it was in a large gallery post of different kinds of pictures.

Comment

Is that a VAZ-1111 Oka?
                  New post on here " ultimate automotive survivors" about the 50 longest made cars has one listed on there, and it looks like it.
                  Last edited by drddan; 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM.
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

damn you beat me to it, VAZ-1111 Oka ftw

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Hey Wldfire. Is that a 1980 F-150 or Bronco reflecting in the window of 1st pic?
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                      X