JY Mazdas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JY Mazdas

My local pull a part has 2 93 MX3's and some early Protege's in stock. What are some good parts for upgrades I should look for? Another yard close by has many 323's. This one is not really a pull it yourself and kinda high. Just wondering what someone here could use.
    88L 328,000 winter daily driver
    93L 167,000 summer daily driver (AC)
    90LX 374,000 swap candidate
    88LX black- parts
    89LX burgundy-parts
    91L red-parts

Someday my ship will come in. With my luck, I'll be at the airport. (aviation machinist)

The engines and transmissions, seat swaps
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

the 1st gen 323s have a nice intermittent wiper set up in them...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
        My local pull a part has 2 93 MX3's and some early Protege's in stock. What are some good parts for upgrades I should look for? Another yard close by has many 323's. This one is not really a pull it yourself and kinda high. Just wondering what someone here could use.
        I'm looking for '88-'89 323 B6's or a DOHC B6, with ECMs.
        Chuck
        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
        If money will fix it, it's not broken
        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
        93 GL - Lil Red
        91 L - Tweetystiva
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
          I'm looking for '88-'89 323 B6's or a DOHC B6, with ECMs.
          The 323's have been there a very long time by the looks of them. I was looking for a DOHC B6 myself last time I was there. I was about to give up, but saw a worker there pulling something. Walked over, he was pulling the trans from a MX3 with the DOHC B6. They wanted 500.00 for the engine, which I thought was high. I did try to get the ecu, but the car was hit in the drivers door and I couldn't reach it from the other side. I bought a dohc b6 from a capri from a different yard for a lot less. Still need an ecu though. That's why I plan to go back to the mx3 and was wondering what I should look for.
          88LX black- parts
          89LX burgundy-parts
          91L red-parts

Someday my ship will come in. With my luck, I'll be at the airport. (aviation machinist)

Comment

The mx3 steering wheel is nice. The seats rock.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

$500 is extreme for used engine unless it is super clean and low miles. I got my low mile (well under 100k) SOHC 323 engine from place that imports them from Japan. They seemed to have lot of the carburetor SOHC 323 engines but have since stopped showing them being available, guess demand not there. Anyway shipping and all it was something like $350 and thats with low miles. Those junkyard engines usually have 150k or more and priced kinda high. Occasionally junkyard engines if they have set untested for long time, they will sell as core engine with no guarentees for $100 or so. Course you could be buying total junk so buying that way is big gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Banana Bonanza View Post
                $500 is extreme for used engine unless it is super clean and low miles. I got my low mile (well under 100k) SOHC 323 engine from place that imports them from Japan. They seemed to have lot of the carburetor SOHC 323 engines but have since stopped showing them being available, guess demand not there. Anyway shipping and all it was something like $350 and thats with low miles. Those junkyard engines usually have 150k or more and priced kinda high. Occasionally junkyard engines if they have set untested for long time, they will sell as core engine with no guarentees for $100 or so. Course you could be buying total junk so buying that way is big gamble.
                Yeah, I prefer to buy a running car from Craigslist than a crap-shoot motor. Lotsa good stuff you can pull from the 1986 - 89 323.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Yeah, I prefer to buy a running car from Craigslist than a crap-shoot motor. Lotsa good stuff you can pull from the 1986 - 89 323.
                  Rare to see older 323 where I am. Some in junkyards, but apparently not lot them on road here. I am very pleased with the low mile used engine from Japan though I didnt actually install and use it until after warranty ran out. If they were still selling them, I'd get another as a spare. Even if something happened to the Festiva, could always find something to stick engine into, its nice little engine and I can use a real carburetor on it.

Comment

SOHC B6 or the SOHC B8 if they have them pull all the wiring and the ECU as well and I'll buy one off you

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      the 1st gen 323s have a nice intermittent wiper set up in them...
                      I will be sure to look for those. Starting to get cool here. Since some of the cars are in the edge of woods and an overgrown field, I am waiting for the snakes and bees to go away.
                      88LX black- parts
                      89LX burgundy-parts
                      91L red-parts

Comment

Dont want to pull a batstiva eh?
                        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                          Dont want to pull a batstiva eh?
                          What's the worst that could happen??

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I wouldnt want to find out!
                            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                            - Unknown
                            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

We have copperheads here. And lots of bees. I saw a 5' blacksnake sunning in a gravel driveway today. Yep, I'll wait a little longer.
                              88LX black- parts
                              89LX burgundy-parts
                              91L red-parts

Comment

Working...
                              X