No announcement yet.

Getting back into Festivas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Hey, what are you doing in WV picking up stivas?? I called dibbs.

Congrats on the score, Nick!! Sweet car, glad it worked out for you. :thumbleft:

And for the record, Rainbow Death is awesome. :headbang: What became of that one?
    Last edited by batstiva; 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Now stick a Weber in it for better milege and more power; or swap in a carbed B6, then Weberize it. I'm sure you can find used Weber DGEVs on eBay, and then buy a rebuild kit for it. And buy the Weber manual.
      Last edited by TominMO; 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Haha thanks Batstiva- yea Rainbow Death was awesome. We ended up donating her to Purple Heart...who knows where she is now...

Oh, and TominMO, I was looking through some old posts about the Weber carb, and wanted to check, would I need to get the Weber DGEV 32/32? Would it bolt right in? I don't have the $$ to do that now, but it could be a possibility down the road. How much of an improvement is it?

Comment

^^ I'm not 100% sure, but I'm almost positive that you'll need an adapter on the intake. Anyone else??

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

That's a clean looking Festiva. I know what you mean about coming back to them, I am on my third Festiva now. My first one was a '90 L, Smurf Blue, and when I owned that car I came across a '91 L for $500 that I couldn't pass up. It was also Smurf Blue. After being without a Festiva for a couple of years I picked up another '91 L and guess what? It's also Smurf Blue. These little cars are so much fun! =)
            James
            Phoenix, Arizona
            --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
            '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
            '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
            '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
            My SuperMotors Page

Comment

thats really cool...I just recently did a 6+ hour drive one way for a Festy.....no issues, was supposed to have a bad tranny but I drove it back and I am still driving it almost 100 miles a day to work and back.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by nick7764 View Post
                And I have to say, as excited as I am, soo many friends and family think I'm absolutely crazy, both to be excited for what they view as a piece of junk and to be driving that far for one. I guess some people just don't get it?
                Looks like just the car to pick a girl up on a blind date in! :-)

People here were amazed that I flew to PA to pick up a Festiva (Casper) and drive it back home. Can't imagine why...
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X