Importing cars from other countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angrygocart View Post
    A co-worker of mine owns a Nissan Skyline imported from Japan and it does not meet U.S. crash standards. There's almost nothing behind the front bumper besides some foam and brackets to hold the the bumper cover in place. Can't remember the year, it's a late 90's model. It's registered through New York. He had purchased from a company that imported it, they had to hire a Japanese translator for the title.

Motorex imported quite a few skylines LEGALLY. Theres a R34 GTR on archer ave that was from them.
    永利欢乐娱人城始创于1989年,二十六年来,永利欢乐娱人城秉实业报国之志,走开拓创新之路,已经发展成为一家以热电联产和生物质发电为主营业务,兼营生物质成型燃料、电力安装建设、融资租赁和通用航空等业务的综合性民营企业集团。
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
      au contrare on the jap mini trucks...some states are legally licensing for road use, so if you get one of these get it from one of the guys that are getting them titled and licensed for road use...then transfer that title to your state...bingo !....i dont think the coppers would pay much attention to the vehicle as far as crashworthiness goes...neither would the DMV...they would just do a title transfer and done,,,
      Depends on the state. Bringing any out of state vehicle here to Arkansas is a nightmare of red tape, you have to take it to state cops to run VIN and make sure it wasnt stolen (for a fee of course) and whole bunch of other crap. I can imagine what it would be like with a gray market vehicle. Arkansas at present wont license one of these directly imported, whether they would license one that had been officially licensed in another state, I dont know. Might depend on which clerk you got when you went to get it registered. Get some bored person that doesnt give a rats behind as long as paperwork looks right, and it might be easy. Get some power crazed clerk wanting to feel important and it could be a pain. I've had situations where going to a different Dept of Finance and Revenue office (what they call DMV here) made lot difference. I've not seen any of these on roads here (and they are definitely for sale in this area) so imagine if it were possible to do an end run somebody would have already.

No idea how cops would react. Local cops unless personally curious about the vehicle wouldnt bother. State cops might be another story. They eliminated the yearly safety inspections here and gave the cops lot more discretion to look for "unsafe" vehicles. Again these are odd looking little vehicles so might draw attention.

Comment

Working...
      X