Check out my painted rims!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my painted rims!!

So after getting my festiva thru inspection....and failing. I needed breaks all around, new calipers, new brake lines...at least only 1, fix the e brake, and new struts.

But the important part was after we finish, myself, with the help of my parents.....at there house and there garage lol; were able to shine the old girl up with some washing and waxing. As well as paint those ugly stock rims.

The rims are now gold as you can see, we also polished the ford center caps, and painted the lug bolts silver.

What do you guys think?

Before:

After:

Also check out my kick but 80's hairband hahaha.
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Yeah, I was just gonna flame you for that hairand!!! LMAO!!

Wheels look great though!
    Last edited by festivaWES; 09-20-2009, 06:09 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Definatley an improvement!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

are your lug studs new if so where did you get them ? or did you paint them -- car looks great
        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

looks, good, now you just need a WRX hood scoop.

Comment

I painted the lug studs. 5 mins worth of work, course....the next time i take them off they're gonna get all scratched up

And yes,,,a STI hood scoop would be sweeeet.

I thought about putting the subaru rally graphics on the side, but replacing the subaru with FORD.

Anyone with photoshop skillz?
            91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

looks really nice, you look like a Notre Dame fan

Comment

Im not much of a sports person...and when i go to my job thats full of eagles and phillies fans its kinda difficult when you dont watch sports haha. Lots of confrenations because of that lol

Comment

Haha, you can't fool me, you switched cars!
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

lol wut haha.

Comment

Festivas take kindly to TLC. They will return the favor many times over !! Looks real nice !!
                      Last edited by freshtiva; 09-20-2009, 09:23 PM.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Oh yeah, get something for the bumpers. It will make a lot of difference.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I am actually thinking about doing the same thing. Can you tell us the process you did? Like sand,prime,paint(layers?), and clear?

Comment

Those look great. Good job!...
                            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I would love to get something to make the bumpers a litte darker. Possibly more spraypaint.

Lets see...as far as the process for painting the rims.

We went down to the local hardware store, bought some quick drying spray paint. Compared to the other cans this actually looked more like a green gold. But im happy i got this one.

The wheels were just a little greasy. So we sprayed some de-greaser on them and let them sit for a little while...like 2 mins.

We used a very stiff brush to clean Just the outside face of the rims.

If you scrub hard enough the stock paint on the rims will come off. But i didnt care, i was painting them anyway.

Be sure to tape off the valve stems. As to look a little more professional.

As far as making sure paint didnt get all over the tires as we painted the rims. We used some very thin aluminum sheet metal, and bent it around the outer lip, then taped it off at the seam.

These rims only have 1 coat on them. But they came out perfect in my opinion. We let them dry in the sun for about 20 mins. It was sunday, so it was the perfect day to do this.

Lugs were the same. Just painted them silver instead of gold. The lugs we used a wire wheel on the grinding wheel to polish them up a bit, and they just spraypainted right over top.

All in all it was maybe 1 hr to do all of them, but since i already had the car up on stands, and the wheels off i saved a little bit of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X