No announcement yet.

Check out my painted rims!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean hood scoops like these? They bolt right up!
    The gold wheels look nice on Festivas. Emil drove one here where I work for a few years, a Sport model with a Funtop. Brian and I were just talking about that car.....
    my Wife passed on the car when it sold because she was afraid the kids would get sunburnt! She chose Rasta instead!
    You can black the bumbers with a product made by SEM called Trim Black, or thier Bumper Coater colors. They need touch up sprays about every 2 to 3 Yrs on average. It's what I always use on my cars, and you would think you have a different car once you black that dingy gray!

I cheat being able to just walk up front, and pick up paint supplies here at work. We sell Paint & Body shop tools and supplies. It comes in handy!
    Last edited by m715; 09-21-2009, 08:04 AM.
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

M715: Did you cut out the hole for the scoop? or is it just for looks? MOAR PICS PLEEEZ

I want to paint the bumpers, there in really good condition, just faded. I normally get my paints from Advanced auto, or our local hardware store. Is there a specific # you would recomend other than the trim black, just in case they dont have it?

Thanks
      91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Check with an Auto Paint jobber like we are, or if you have a NAPA parts, they may be one also. If you don't have access to any of these, you could try a product like Back To Black that I have used on tires before. Down side to it is that once you use it, you will have to use it ONLY from then on. It has waxes etc that will NEVER come out of the pores of the plastic bumper skin. After that NOTHING will stick to it other than that sort of product. Up side is that is available most places you mentioned, and easily applied. Just make sure to mask off the fenders/grille when you use it.
        I also recommend you buy a roll of 3M part # 79925 refective striping tape, and apply a stripe to the center of the bumpers,and side mouldings of your car. Do this to the bumpers first if you decide to use the Tire Black type product, as it will not stick after using it.

Yes, I did actually cut out the mounting points for the Subaru scoops, the one on the Blue car shown is just sitting there in that picture because I am prepping a new hood for him. That scoop is a WRX, Curmudgeon's (the white one) is an STI and is taller.

The picture of Rasta (the red one) at Ohiosteva is an Autoventshade (AVS) plastic stick on type that is easy to buy/install as an option too. As I get Shtinky ready for my wife to drive again, she informed me that she WILL have the WRX scoop on him! No substitutes!
        Ask away if you have any questions I would be glad to help if I can

Michael
        Have owned 9 so far
        Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!

Comment

We must have been on the same page... I did the same thing to my rims this weekend. (not gold, just painted, polished the car... all on Sunday!).
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

HA! I like the flag! I considered doing a Korean flag like that at one point!
            Have owned 9 so far

Comment

This last weekend was a great time to work. Garage bay open, plenty of light, and not to hot. But i gotta say, bending that new brake line suuuucked. It was the one for the front drivers side. So therefore its the line that goes into the bottom of the distribution block. Probably the hardest line to get to.

Now im thinking about a back spoiler, painting the bumpers, and possbly some rally lights.
              91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

And that is always one that needs replaced...... Rusts out at the plastic grommet on the strut tower every time.
                Have owned 9 so far

Comment

yup, thats exactly where it exploded. Although, since the last owner bought the rubber line, he didnt need it, so i just returned it back to advanced auto for my own profit. So i just made 27.99$ lol. Overall total that ive now paid for this car is just about 750$ Not bad if i do say so myself.

Comment

One other place to check is in front of the rear wheel, driver's side. All the lines make a steep bend at this point. Look over carefully the condition of the line that has a coupling on it. It will be the only one like that. It is the second place you will find blows out.

HTH
                    Michael
                    Have owned 9 so far

Comment

On bumper paint advance has semi-gloss trim paint that works well.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Ill check out the paint section in advanced probably either this weekend, or next. I have much to do this weekend, and id rather paint at my dads shop then on the street where i live hhaha

Comment

Pretty DARN cool ride!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Originally posted by m715 View Post
                            HA! I like the flag! I considered doing a Korean flag like that at one point!
                            I have a graphic available that says "Festiva" in Korean, which was translated from English by my friend Heoak who is native Korean.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Wow that Festiva cleaned up really good. I like the gold rims, they look nice but not overly flashy and the paint really buffed out. It almost does look like you switched cars.

I didn't know anyone put WRX/STi scoops on their Festiva's. The hood scoops changed a little with every redesign of the car, but if you want the tallest one look for an '04-05 STi model. There are also carbon fiber scoops available as an aftermarket item. Personally I think my hood scoop will be staying on my STi. lol
                              James
                              Phoenix, Arizona
                              --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
                              '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
                              '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
                              '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
                              My SuperMotors Page

Comment

I like the subaru scoops, but im not sure if i would actually do it, i would rather have a functional one, then just cosmetics. And the carbon fiber ones are MAD expensive, id rather just get a used one on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X