Names/Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
    Do you have any spring perch or fender scrub issues with the 185/60x14's?? I'm assuming you still have +38mm offset wheels on the car?

I've been looking at a set of that size tires for my car, which is why I'm asking.
    Casper has the FMS lowering springs, and the Aspire brake swap. The offset on my AR Estrellas is 35mm. There is no spring perch rubbing at all. For the fenders, I persuaded them to cooperate by flattening the inner lip with a BFH. Now there is only an occasional scrubbing when I hit a large dip or bump, but I think that's on the inner plastic fender liner. This is enhanced if I have a bunch of weight in the car. I think the ideal size tire for this car as it's set up would be 185/ or 175/60x13. I didn't like the 175/50x13 Sumitomos because they were so short, they negatively affected mileage and had a harsh-riding sidewall--but they revved nice because they were so light. But with this motor it doesn't really matter.

Edit: with these same tires and wheels on my red car, which does not have the Aspire brake swap, the tires were too close to the spring perch in the rear--I had to use 5mm spacers.
    Last edited by TominMO; 09-26-2009, 11:43 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom - do you know when Simon had the swap done was the Aspire rear pearch used?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by i218127 View Post
        Thanks !!!! Starting to get the hang of this. A shout to TominMo !! Also, a shout out to all of you !!

Will keep mine a 1.3. But, want it to work. Sorry I seem a little stiff, but don't belong to too many Forums. Not sure of the form.
        You're cool bud. You'll get the hang of it. Welcome!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
          Tom - do you know when Simon had the swap done was the Aspire rear pearch used?
          No, I don't know the history of Casper in any detail. You could ask him tho.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X