Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is Florida Fails.

Comment

Hey, Harley Davidson only figured out how to keep their brand new bikes from leaking oil about 5-10 years ago. So we shouldn't bash the Brits too bad because they hadn't figured it out in the 60' and 70'. Besides, don't kid yourself, the American cars leak too. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen a car not have any oil leaks whatsoever after they are a few years old. (unless the owner is extremely anal) I'm sure there are some out there though. Also, there were many American cars in the 70's that were far junkier than any British car. (let's see, Vega, Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer, Chevette........do those bring back any memories for anyone?!)

Comment

Originally posted by B6T

Yes, I'd like to be hated by the rest of the world actually.

Lol i am really looking forward to my trip to Canada next year

i hope they welcome Aussies :lol:

..even the slightly latino ones :shock:
        :angel12:-Santos
        I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs
          Also, there were many American cars in the 70's that were far junkier than any British car. (let's see, Vega, Pinto, Gremlin, Pacer, Chevette........do those bring back any memories for anyone?!)
          were you around when those cars were new? I was, and I don't remember them being worse than Britmobiles of the era (except for Vega)

and I don't think this is a Brit bashing thread... I love my Triumphs, and would love to have a BSA, Norton, and a Vincent..... mmm, BlackShadow...
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Santos
            lol reading through these post you guys really have some funny prejudices
            Smith gauges are extremely reliable and much sort after by enthusiast.
            actually, I was juxtaposing Lucas Electrics against Smiths gages. IE; garbage vs. rock solid.

I agree, Smiths are some of the best. I made a wiring harness for a customer of mine, several years ago, for his repliCobra. He used the correct Smiths gages for an AC Bristol Ace/Cobra 289. Reverse winding speedo, mechanical tach, etc. Wonderfully crafted instruments. Did you know that WWII B-17 pilots in England traded cigs, chocolate, etc to British mainainence crews for Smiths compasses? Or so I've heard...
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs
              Hey, Harley Davidson only figured out how to keep their brand new bikes from leaking oil about 5-10 years ago.
              harleys are like dogs pissing on everything...just marking their territory
              90 L FI..second B3
              90 L Parts car
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X