No announcement yet.

untagged cars in your yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats why I love the country theres 1 car 3 trucks 1 boat and a dump truck all sitting in the tall grass

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Be thankful you don't live in a subdivision with covenants. ( I don't). I've heard of places where you couldn't park a pickup truck in the subdivision period.

Comment

Quite a few years back the city police stopped by to say something about my vehicles. Told him no problem I'd just move the 1 untagged vehicle out back. He asked about another one that was sitting in front of my garage that didn't even have an engine in it. I told him it wasn't in the city limits, which is true, and he just told me he'd appreciate it if i could move the other car within 24 hours. No problem. Ahh...the joys of having the city limits running thru your property. But, as a side note the wonderful state of Michigan passed a state law that they have the right to issue a littering ticket for any vehicle on your property that is untagged. That equates to $500 per vehicle per day. So most of my 10 vehicles have tags.

Comment

The apartment complex where I now live threatened imminent towing of my TAGGED Mazda Protege b/c it had a flat tire for a few days. I thought that to be a tad dramatic, but really had no choice but to comply! LOL!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

oh yes they have been after me but all are tagged. now i an running for an elected position in the next elections. gee if i win i wonder if the harrasment will stop

Comment

^^^if you can't beat them......join them.........Feel thankful to all that don't live in my neighborhood. 1st the codes lady lives across the street and is quick to write me up. But when her lawnmower won't start who does she come see? In this city you can't have more vehicles than liscened people in the house, and any repairs, if the hood has to be up than the car has to be more than 50% in the garage. All my neighbors wonder why I do motor swaps @ 3am?....on holiday weekends....And somehow I own 6 cars....
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

The sad fact is we were ( my girl friends house) "out of town" but they threw up a new a housing complex and re paved the road so the town amexed its lines so they could tax the new complex and this drew us into town limits... with their taxes and their rules....

So were are now getting taxed by state, town and county. Well be moving in the spring and rent this place out. My place is in the sticks, I could build a rocket pad in my front yard and no body would care.
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

in omaha you cant have an untagged car, even in your own driveway, doesnt matter if its a nice car or a project. out in the country pple dont seem to care. thats how it should be. i mean inless its an obvious eyesore in the city that hasnt moved in months or yrs, it shouldnt matter. but there are always pple with to little to do and calling and not having to give your name makes it more appealing to that type. and the city is concerned about the revenue.

they used to have a problem with pple licensing cars in iowa as its much cheaper, so here the cops go around looking at apartment parking lots and such for possible offenders. like there isnt any real crime in the city? petty stuff like that really gets under me skin. nebraska is the tax me state, should be on the license plates as their slogan.

when i move i want a nice 10 acre buffer, just for that reason, nova. cant pick your family or your neighbors.
                  Last edited by todd00; 10-10-2009, 03:54 PM.
                  "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

no problem here ?

move to spruce pine n.c. up here in the mountains you can park your motherinlaw with out her girdle.i got three festiva parts cars no tags .thats why i got away from the city.no restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by yutz View Post
                      you can park your motherinlaw with out her girdle.
                      lol... that might be a pretty hideous sight!
                      "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

St. louis has a no untagged vehicle on property law. Dont matter where its at. I had my 80 bronco behind a 6 foot privacy fence and if you didnt know it was there, ya couldnt see it. But the neigbor hood "jerk" who called on everybody and everything knew about it and called the city. They had to look thru the 1/4 inch spaces to see it and still got a "letter" telling me it had to go or "suffer" the rath of the law! (daily fines, towing of vehicle)
                        Last edited by drddan; 10-17-2009, 10:35 AM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

The more this country goes broke, the more ways the local hassle police are looking for revenue. There's a small town in Northern Wisconsin I pass through on my way to the UP that drops down to 25MPH for absolutely NO reason. A police officer is always parked behind a building waiting to pull unsuspecting drivers over. Half the time I pass through he is parked behind a car, lights flashing, making the money, the other half he's leaning out the window with his speeder gun. I always crawl through there and wave....

FX
                          Because....45 MPG.

Comment

With one finger?
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                              With one finger?
                              In my heart man...in my heart...
                              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

wow.. i'm so glad i live in the country. the only regulation we have is that 5 acres is the smallest plot you can own.
                                -Caleb
                                Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                                So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X