No announcement yet.

Another Amazing car (Toyota Echo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think the Echo already has the best toyota engine built so far. The VVT-i is one of the major break throughs in recent engine design. Many other companies are working on versions of their own or already have one ready to go.

Any 1.5L motor capable of 50+mpg is amazing in my book.

I totally agree with the ergonomics of the echo, they suck. Dash is to big. Seats are uncomfortable, the rest of the interior is cheap. The 4-door is basically a four person mover for the buyer who can't afford an corrolla.

I still like it though. I want a Canadian 2-dr HB bad!

FX
    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
      I personally think the Echo already has the best toyota engine built so far. The VVT-i is one of the major break throughs in recent engine design. Many other companies are working on versions of their own or already have one ready to go.

Any 1.5L motor capable of 50+mpg is amazing in my book.

I totally agree with the ergonomics of the echo, they suck. Dash is to big. Seats are uncomfortable, the rest of the interior is cheap. The 4-door is basically a four person mover for the buyer who can't afford an corrolla.

I still like it though. I want a Canadian 2-dr HB bad!

FX
      So how do you feel about the Tercel?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Okay, so how hard would it be to put a VVT-i in a

FESTIVA!

Yup.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

VVT-i is a copy of a technology GM worked on in the 80's. Ford introduced their system in 1997. The Echo engine is not a pioneering effort, just very good execution of the idea.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

A friend of mine as an Echo at work (4 door - manual). The dash layout takes some time to get used to it but the glove compartment and all the other storage compartments is amazing for any other small car.

I don't think you can get better mileage from a 'newer' car unless you get a hybrid, a Smart or a Golf TDI.

I think it looks like a skunk though...
            I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

I thought the VVTi was just a ripoff of Hondas VTEC? Sorry, I'm only familiar with thier TVIS system.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
              X