Wondering about festiva value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering about festiva value

I have been thinking about getting out of Festy's and wonder what my current ride would be worth if I was going to sell. I love the fact that it's getting great gas mileage but the wife has been complaining that she wants something with more power. Her regular driver was a WRX. The 54hp Festy is having a hard time competing with the 300hp WRX.

Anyway, I figured before I even consider this, I'd ask to see what you guys and gals thought. I've got over $2500 invested in this car hence the name expenstiva...

Here's the details:

88 LX Silver Festiva. 1.3L 5-speed manual. 155k or so

Grey interior, fairly clean cloth and no smoking.
    (Seats were scrubbed and carpet was removed and scrubbed)

The good:
    Body is pretty straight and paint isn't too terrible.
    Windows are freshly tinted all around.
    Has the tach and speedo dash and passenger seat tray!
    Everything works.
    I retrofitted A/C into the car and it is ICE cold.
    Heat works well too.
    defrost works too
    power mirrors work
    New front grille
    New fog lights,
    New gas tank
    New fuel filter
    Fresh oil and filter
    Fresh synthetic gear oil
    New plugs
    New O2 sensor
    New T-Stat
    New Temp sensor
    New KYB GR2 Shocks/struts all the way around
    New bearings all around
    New brake rotors
    New pads
    New front end bushings
    New 15" low profile tires and (15" steelies)
    New valve cover gasket
    New Sony CD deck w/ipod interface
    New Pioneer front speakers
    New Alpine rears (6 x 9) in boxes
    Original spare and jack
    Floor in cabin was covered with a sound deadener similar to dynomat.

Car would come with Factory Service Manual, some miscellaneous Festy parts that I've collected to include mostly A/C parts. A few compessors and condensors and hoses and hard lines and interior switch panels and anything festiva related.

The bad:
    There were some rust holes in the floor that were repaired with fiberglass-good as new. Body has rust holes in the usual spots (rockers, rear quarters and hatch by the handle), Engine burns oil. Needs new muffler. Was almost FTOM JUNE 09.

Other than that the car is very sound and has never once had an issue starting even in the dead of winter.

Any ideas???
    Last edited by boostmaster; 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM.
    88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
    Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

how much ?

lets see some pics. thanks

Comment

That's what I'm asking from you guys. I am simply thinking about it, nothing concrete yet.

Pics available at:

Enter your Festiva, Aspire, 121 or Pride. Everyone has a chance, enter as often as you like!

Comment

Just went out and took some more pics. Some corrections to make:
        ODO says 160k not 155k like I thought.
        New Condenser for the A/C -freshly pulled vacuum and charged with 134a

Last edited by boostmaster; 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

A few more:

Comment

Swap it .....get it to 150-200 hp........let her drive it then.....she'll be glad u did...
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'd like to but I simply don't have the time nor the facilities to do the swap.
              I'm just thinking about getting into a newer car that needs less attention.

Any ideas on actual value?

Comment

To the regular world your car is probaby worth $800 at best. Now if you sell it to someone here you could get more than that I am sure. Or (I know someone is going blast me for this) you could part it out and make some money. However, you stated it is a 5 speed. Is it an automatic or a stick? If it is a stick, where did you get the tranny from?
                Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
                  To the regular world your car is probaby worth $800 at best. Now if you sell it to someone here you could get more than that I am sure. Or (I know someone is going blast me for this) you could part it out and make some money. However, you stated it is a 5 speed. Is it an automatic or a stick? If it is a stick, where did you get the tranny from?
                  88 LX came with 5 speed.

Dean
                  Raleigh, NC
                  Last edited by V8Festiva; 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM.
                  The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                  Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                  link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                  4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                  Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Bear in mind that whatever car you replace this one with will also need stuff done to it. At least you know what's been done to this one. I agree with Greg that you should swap the motor, say for a B8, which you can then turbo at your leisure. Also, those 15" rims are heavy; swap to aluminum 13s for better acceleration, handling and braking. And the Aspire front antisway bar.

You've put a lot of love and cash into that car; I think you'll be sorry afterwards if you sell it, and you won't get diddly for it compared to what you spent.
                    Last edited by TominMO; 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I understand that I won't get out of it what I put into it. I really hate to part with it but my wife is compaining. She needs a DD car for the next 5 years as she uses it to commute back and forth to school. Her gripe is not reliability. It's perfect. Everything works and it's easy to find parking .

Problem is that she wants way more power and would actually prefer to be driving our Expedition. That ain't happening as that thing is a beast that drinks fuel. I have parked the Expy and only use it for big trips, or towing. I drive the WRX because I put way less miles going to work 15 minutes away and the best I can manage is 22-23 mpg.

She complains that the festy is blown around by big semi trucks. So, I'm tired of hearing the complaining. If I sell it I can simply buy something that has more power and she will stop the chatter. It's worth it to me just for the silence.

Anyway, I was hoping I'd get a few more opinions on value. I'd like to get as much as possible out of the car as I've fixed every imaginable issue on it. Hell, the stereo is better than the wrx!

Anyway, I appreciate the input. If someone wants to help me do a B8 swap, throw your hands up. Winter is coming and my garage is already full.

Comment

Why don't you just sell the gas hog, let her drive the wrx and you drive the festy?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                          Why don't you just sell the gas hog, let her drive the wrx and you drive the festy?
                          That sounds like a good plan.
                          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

What part of Kentucky are you from Boost?

'89 Ford Festiva LX :fred:
                            '12 Ford Focus

Comment

Opinion on your Festiva's value: keeping in mind that a swapped Festy might go for around $1500, like my Casper with the BP, I'm thinking in the $900 - 1000 range for your car, tops, is a fair price for both parties. I feel that the EFI cars are more desireable to most people.

I'd really like to see you keep the Festy tho, and give the wife the WRX. Swapping in a B8 is relatively cheap; you get 100 HP and can rear-turbo it pretty cheaply. Do this, and an Aspire brake swap and front roll bar, and you give it a whole new personality. She might even fight you to drive it!
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X