One key to rule them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One key to rule them all

Went thru my Festiva keys, and on the third key I found one that will open at least one lock on all four Festys! So that one's going into my wallet in case I have a "senior moment" and lock myself out.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

It's weird, both of my festys keys can unlock the doors and start each other. One of my festys can have the key taken out with it running!
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I don't even need a key for my driver's side door. Screwdriver, dime, whatever, they all work. Not real secure, but keeps the honest people out.

Comment

I think you could probably do that to mine as well, but I have never tried.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:

Comment

At FM3, I think I tried the key to my 'new' festy on about 15 others. It started 9 of them. :shock:

Oddly, it would start more than it would unlock. I'm guessing after a while, everything gets worn out enough that pretty much any key will work.

I test drove my new stiva, 89L, with the key to Batstiva, 88L.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
            It's weird, both of my festys keys can unlock the doors and start each other. One of my festys can have the key taken out with it running!
            My blue one does that too (take out while tunning); that's also the one that the wipers and heater fan won't work, unless I push the key just a little bit farther, so it's a wear issue.
            Last edited by TominMO; 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              My blue one does that too (take out while tunning); that's also the one that the wipers and heater fan won't work, unless I push the key just a little bit farther, so it's a wear issue.
              That is weird that you mention that about the fan and wipers. I got in my dd yesterday, and the wipers wouldn't work, and the sprayer wouldn't work either. I was on my way to my mom's house last night, and got a pile of bird crap on my window. Without even thinking, I hit the switch, and it WORKED! I wonder if that is not also my issue. If so, can it be re-keyed to hold the key in where it needs to be, and not let it come out while driving? This is a unique issue that I never thought of. Thanks for the information!

My Fleet:

Comment

My old 1980 Bronco got so wore I didnt even need the key to start it.
                And check this out: I once had a dodge diplomat in the baby poo beige. One day coming out of the grocery, walked up to what I thought was my trunk, pushed the key in and opened the trunk. Inside was all this stuff that wasnt in there before! I thought, who broke into my car and put all this suff in there!
                I then saw another dodge diplomat sitting right next to it, in the exact same color! Thing was, that was my car sittin next to it!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

During the intensive back reading I do on this site, I came across a tidbit of info that you guys would find interesting.

There were only 4 different keys made for the Festiva, so if you have 4 different keys, you can open, start and drive any Festiva (I know this applies to the U.S., not 100% on other countries.)
                  -Caleb
                  Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                  So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

That is weird that you mention that about the fan and wipers. I got in my dd yesterday, and the wipers wouldn't work, and the sprayer wouldn't work either. I was on my way to my mom's house last night, and got a pile of bird crap on my window. Without even thinking, I hit the switch, and it WORKED! I wonder if that is not also my issue. If so, can it be re-keyed to hold the key in where it needs to be, and not let it come out while driving? This is a unique issue that I never thought of. Thanks for the information!
                    My horn did that on the way home when I bought my Festiva! I pushed it to check it and it honked and quit in the middle of the 2nd honk. Quit for like 2 days, then started working again, and has worked ever since.
                    Last edited by drddan; 10-24-2009, 12:13 PM.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                      During the intensive back reading I do on this site, I came across a tidbit of info that you guys would find interesting.

There were only 4 different keys made for the Festiva, so if you have 4 different keys, you can open, start and drive any Festiva (I know this applies to the U.S., not 100% on other countries.)
                      I'll have to check that. When I found 3 festys in a jy, they all had keys in them and I took the keys.
                      Dan

R.I.P.
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post

I wondered that myself, but the research I did came up a little different.
                        Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

My Fleet:

Comment

The One Key (which is Casper's spare) will also start Oliver, but not the other two.

Four keys sounds a little sparse; that may be an urban legend kinda thing. But no doubt there aren't many. Also, wear may be an issue. A worn key or lock may be more able to work than a new key being tried on a new lock it wasn't intended for.
                          Last edited by TominMO; 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I wondered that myself, but the research I did came up a little different.
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...08&postcount=8
                            I do remember seeing that post, but I think I found elsewhere that the 4 key thing referred specifically to the US cars or something along those lines... maybe it was the years. I'll have to go and find the thread again.
                            -Caleb
                            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

It may have been 4 per year... I just thought it seemed weird for there to only be 4 keys total for 5-6 years.

My Fleet:

Comment

Working...
                              X