No announcement yet.

One key to rule them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have 5 festy keys on my key ring & none of them are the same. Although 1 key does open/start 2 cars.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Until I find the post again, let me ask you this:

What years do you have and what keys years do and do not match?
      -Caleb
      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
        During the intensive back reading I do on this site, I came across a tidbit of info that you guys would find interesting.

There were only 4 different keys made for the Festiva, so if you have 4 different keys, you can open, start and drive any Festiva (I know this applies to the U.S., not 100% on other countries.)
        nope.....not in Ohio anyway....I own 5 Festy's and not a single one of the keys work in any of the others cars ignition or locks. I have tried them in the JY and have not found one that would work in them....took 3 keys out of cars and have those also.....they do not fit any festy I have tried them in other then the car they went to....with one exception. I was able a couple years ago to get one of the keys to unlock a door from a Festy in someones yard that I was looking at.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I haven't actually gone looking for the thread/post again, but from what you guys are telling me, I don't know as that the original poster had legitimate information. I would still like to find out what the year to key difference is.

(I'll find the thread/post later. It's really nice outside lol)
          -Caleb
          So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by gdawgs View Post
            I don't even need a key for my driver's side door. Screwdriver, dime, whatever, they all work. Not real secure, but keeps the honest people out.
            Whats your address? lol
            Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

PEOPLE! Please make copies of your keys and send them to me! If there is only 4 then I wont have to spend a ton of money to get a key made for my lock cylinders (I lost my key for my project car). My car is a 1990. (I'm being serious too, lol.)
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                PEOPLE! Please make copies of your keys and send them to me! If there is only 4 then I wont have to spend a ton of money to get a key made for my lock cylinders (I lost my key for my project car). My car is a 1990. (I'm being serious too, lol.)
                Oh, sure. And then you come and steal all of our cars! Do you think we would fall for your obvious scheme?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

lol. Naa, I wouldn't do that. I really do need a key for mine though, I lost it a while back and its on my "crap to get done" list. if there really is only 4 keys per year that would at least give me a chance not to spend $150 to get a key made for the passenger lock cylinder.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

So you have a key for your other three locks? Just pass door is different?
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

no, I lost the key for everything, the key code is just on the bottom of the passenger lock.
                      Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                        no, I lost the key for everything, the key code is just on the bottom of the passenger lock.
                        A. If the key code is on there, can't a dealer just cut a key to that pattern? Why would it cost $150?
                        B. A good locksmith should be able to make a key with the proper blank via trial and error. Again, not $150.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Or you could go to the junkyard and find a Festiva with a key and take all of the locks and the ignition cylinders, for cheap or free like.

(I do not condone "if it fits in your pocket, it's free" )
                          -Caleb

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                            Or you could go to the junkyard and find a Festiva with a key and take all of the locks and the ignition cylinders, for cheap or free like.

(I do not condone "if it fits in your pocket, it's free" )
                            Or talk to Tonycash....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

My friend's dad was the one who told me it costs $150 to get them to get the code and make the key, but I'll check with ford to see if they can't make me one for my lock cylinder.
                              Current cars:

Comment

I know a chevy dealer can make a GM key from just the vin #. They don't need a key code or anything, just the VIN. I am not sure if this is the case for ford, but I would check into it. My ex-girlfriend had to have this done, and it was only $25! Anyway, I hope this helps.
                                The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                                89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
                                X