Need advice on Airbag suspension install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on Airbag suspension install

Hello festiva owners. I would like to know if there is anyone out there who has, or knows someone who has had Airbag Suspension kit installed on their festiva. I got a complete kit ready for install from The Hoffman group, average cost around $2500.00 depending on how much or how little you want included. This one has two compressors, and the controller with 8 presets. I also got two spare airbags,one for front and rear. My first install estimate is about $2000.00, because the installer says both the existing front and rear suspension has to be removed from the car then refitted. The kit requires no cutting, welding or modification of ANY kind. Its bolt in, run the air hoses and wire in the controller. I just would like to avoid being overcharged if thats possible. I have also spoken to Tech support at hoffman and their info is forth coming. Any input will be helpful. Thanks.........T
    Last edited by treetrun; 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM.

Ask simon or (cough) Eye of Ra (cough) They both have had a festy on air.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

location?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The Festiva is so light, couldn't we just use some big balloons & a can of Dust-Off?? LOL!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

$2000 sounds a little pricey to me....my opinion ....
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

It would be easier to use aircans instead of bags. You would be able to replace the entire strut assembly with the aircan and adjust your camber correctly for your desired ride height and be all set.
            -Caleb
            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Working...
            X