X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I went to a shop for an alignment

On my black car.
    Monday oct 12 9:30am
    They mentioned that the wheel bearing was going out. i said how long they said about an hour. Ok fine $100 and I have a wheel bearing done before St, louis.

10:21am
    "Umm its going to be a lot longer, these have to be pressed out.
    Like how long?
    At least 4 hours cause we dont have a press here in the shop...
    Fine I'll go see a movie since I dont have a car.

11:45 catch showing of surrogates
    Lets out 2 somthing
    Walk back over to NTB

Ok its done but you frame is bent.
    WHAT??????????????????????????
    Yeah we have adjusted the tie rod to the max & you are still out of spec's
    Ok can you show me where its bent?
    No we dont do that here.
    well I dont have to pay for it right.
    Correct.

Oh btw one of your wheel studs broke off when we were removing the lugnut.
    WHAT(I might have been really upset & said words not allowed in normal discussion)
    and since its not a stock item we cant replace it. Just required to let you know. When ever you get another one bring it in & we will replace it free of charge.

So I walk to the car & get another stud out.
    Here put it in.

I leave after paying.

saturday oct 17 I go to cracker barrel for breakfast with a friend before he goes off home to WV. I smell something oily cooking.

Take back to NTB
    The wheel bearing put on is smoking.
    OK we will take it for a spin & see
    Well we didn't hear any noise. (WELL NO **** i said smoking is a visual & optical sense not audio unless its really bad)
    ok we'll look at it.
    So me and alicia went to get some pumpkins.

They call back "its not the wheel bearing its your caliper hanging up"
    So I go home & grab my extra caliper.
    Here
    They put the new one on free of charge
    I leave

It starts to make noise on the 20th
    Alicia brings it back.
    "Ok this time it is making noise"
    I can only imagine the string of obscenities that were brought up.(She's the loud angry one)
    They replace it free of charge

Last Night driving to a party it starts to make noise again.
    WTF

What should I do here? I paid $150(parts & labor) for a car that is worse than it started. I can replace tires pretty easy, not so much with wheel bearings. IF this isn't fix this week I cant drive my car to st. Louis
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

I'd go back and demand my money back (using language not suitable for this forum of course) and tell them i'm going to take the car somewhere where they know what they're doing

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

learn how to work on your own crap
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        thats helpful.
        90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
        93 Festiva L 5 speed
        93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

NTB! NTB! NTB!!!!:violent1:
          From my experience, this is one of the worst places to go!
          Had experience similar to yours (see opening sentence!) Getting new tires for truck, they said they couldnt get out one of the screws that holds the center caps on, and of course, I went and looked, and they had stripped the head using cheap/incorrect tool, they had no drills to drill it out, said they "would have to break my center cap" to get it off!!! WTH! I told the guy he was $%$^%$ nuts! Guy was major jerk with an attitude from the start. The short of it is, I was there for almost 3 hrs, angry, and will never do business with NTB again. 2-3 locally owned, friendly places pretty close to the house, have my business.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I have never worked there, but have fixed messes they caused where I did work. Nothing but bad experiences i here about them. I would not only speak to the manager, but go higher and call corp.!!!!!!! Thats how people get the FREE STUFF!!!! Even with a threat of a call will get people moving. Thats what I have seen people do at places that i have worked at, even if it wasnt our fault. I might even know of a person HIGH UP there that you might talk to. If your interested....
            DV8 1 :twisted:
            MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
            2003 Protege5
            1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
            1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
            1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
            1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

Originally posted by No Pstns View Post
              I have never worked there, but have fixed messes they caused where I did work. Nothing but bad experiences i here about them. I would not only speak to the manager, but go higher and call corp.!!!!!!! Thats how people get the FREE STUFF!!!! Even with a threat of a call will get people moving. Thats what I have seen people do at places that i have worked at, even if it wasnt our fault. I might even know of a person HIGH UP there that you might talk to. If your interested....
              PM me please!
              Dan

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

pmed
                DV8 1 :twisted:
                MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
                2003 Protege5
                1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
                1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
                1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
                1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

Maybe I'm missing it. What did the shop do wrong besides do a lot of work for free??????????????????

Comment

Lets see:
                    1st -they say they can fix things, but have no tools or equipment.
                    2nd - they obviously didnt install the bearing right and it burned up.
                    (lack of proper tools)
                    3rd - How many hours are you expected to wait for their incompetent "mechanics" to work on your car? That guy spent almost an entire day waiting for them to "fix" his car, which they didnt. He was still dealing with it weeks later.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

It sounds like they didnt get the right preload spacer installed Kemp - do you have a spare knuckle that you can take to a shop that knows what they are doing?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

10 - 1 they seperated the hub and knuckle and disguarded the preload spacer... thinking it was unnessisary. *retards*
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yeah so anyways I contacted the customer service people with an online form, see where that leads us. Also going in tommorow or the next day for more repairs. I was reading the recipt and I have 90 days on parts & labor so about 2 more months of free parts & labor on something.

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          10 - 1 they seperated the hub and knuckle and disguarded the preload spacer... thinking it was unnessisary. *retards*
                          Thats what I'm betting on, thinking I probably will tell them that sometime.
                          Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                          It sounds like they didnt get the right preload spacer installed Kemp - do you have a spare knuckle that you can take to a shop that knows what they are doing?
                          nope have used or given quite a few of my spares away

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          Your right. I went there for a alignment after I did a basic string, ruler, & level alignment to get it perfect so I can eek every last mile outta my soft & sticky proxies. Besides that I really dont have a press ATM so lack of tools was a contributing factor to my decision to have a part repaired prior to going on a 500 mile trip to attend a festiva meet. Gee that seems like I really must of been doing something wrong.

So let me be someone with obviously no knowledge what so ever in the inner workings of automobiles in general, let alone a expensive & complicated import such as a festiva, be the second to thank you for all your many contributions to the site. Be it donations, advice, site support, organization of meets, and incredible wit and humor, you sir stand alone with no peers among these many fine members.

I shall remember you fondly.
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

awww play nice now Kemp.... :p
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I thought i was playin nice.

Anywho I go there today to pick up the car that was dropped off this morning. Making bad wheel bearing noise as I drive it out of the lot. Almost as if it had not been touched.

It was suggested that I get a new hub because it obviously isnt a bearing issue and therefore not their problem...
                              My behind its not their problem, was working fine when I went in for a different issue, they mention it to me, and now I cant drive it.
                              I'm weighing my options ATM. THinking about going to a auto parts place close to work that I trust to do the work of disassembling it so I can see whats going on inside and find out what they screwed up. Anyone besides Bhazard have any thoughts on this issue?
                              i.e. Bearing in backward, missing spacer, wrong bearings, them pressing it F'ed up something

Comment

Working...
                              X