No announcement yet.

Gas mileage run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't listen to John--he's just jealous!

The Hindenburg had hydrogen technology back in the '30s--and it ran just fine--without the baking soda!!

Hydrogen is easily capable of EXPLOSIVE PERFORMANCE! :p

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      HHO is a water/baking soda mix that pulls hydrocarbons from the fuel. Google it. I've put 2 in series on a geo metro and it got 70 mpg...
      Alright,someone who I know has technical capabilities, give us some detail of this setup.
      Did you bias the O2 sensor?
      Last edited by Pu241; 11-19-2009, 11:01 AM.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
        We did have someone doing some good work on this before he drop off the Earth.
        Check posts from Yblock:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ghlight=yblock
        I read the entire thread, and found his MPG improvement was 3 - 5 MPG. Not worth the trouble, expense and complication for me, but interesting to play around with if one has the time and inclination. 25% improvement would make it worthwhile IMO.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Again, EFI will NOT see good numbers without biasing, modding, or bypassing all the sensors! Carbs work well with HHO as can introduce it straight into the carb. Most carb model cars are older, therefore, a whole lot less sensors.
          As for lonegevity, HHo will run COOLER ... up to a point. The amount generated by the canisters on a correctly setup HHo system will not effect lonegevity. Trying to run straight Hydrogen will kill an engine fast. The idea is to get enough HHo introduced to get a clean, efficient burn in the cylinder.
          Think of it as an Octane booster if you will. Hydro burns cleaner, hotter, and burns COMPLETELY, unlike gasoline, a very inefficient burning fuel. Why do you think they had to add EGR's, Catalytic's, and all those sensors to gas cars to cut down on the pollution coming out the tail pipe! That is UNBURNED GAS coming out! HHo will lessen amount of gasoline going into the cylinder and help burn that gasoline. Result: More HP, better fuel econo, AND it will clean up your engine by removing all the carbon buildup in the cylinders over a short period of time.
          Average mpg increase with EFI = around 6%(without sensor mod)
          Average mpg increase with carb = 25%-50% (some sensor mod's still needed)

Example:A sensor on EFI in the exhaust pipe reads temperature. Usually set to to read about 600 degrees before it starts adjusting things in the computer. Introducing HHO causes the temp to DROP to about 500degrees, so the sensor in exhaust pipe starts trying to INCREASE fuel going into the engine to make temp rise back to 600 degrees. This is where HHO gets overidden by the computer and it does not see increase in fuel economy as the computer is feeding more gas into the engine! The reason for DROP in temp is the HHO is getting burned in the cylinder, and helping to burn the gas in the cylinder, and not still burning as it is coming down the exhaust pipe as gasoline does! One solution to that sensor is to wrap it with heavy gauge foil so the sensor is not directly exposed to the cooler gases. It will then read more of the temp of the metal surronding the sensor, and thus, in effect, bypass this sensor.
          When the HHO conversions were first being touted, it was just adding the canisters, and nothing else. Lets use one for an example: Water 4 Gas...
          When I first looked into this, all there was info on was adding the canisters. Go look now and there are like 6 added addenmuns to the original, just for dealing with all the sensors. Map sensor, ox sensor, pvc,....etc.
          The computer is the enemy when trying to get HHO to work. It is working to override all the HHO is doing. So you have to "FOOL" it by modding the sensors so that the computer "THINKS" all is normal.
          Now, is this starting to make sense to you all?
          There is no magic wand here. It does take some work and some fiddling around to get it worked out right.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thanks, that is a good writeup. So it seems to me that the best setup would be a Weber carb with HHO. The Weber itself will increase both mileage and power by about 10%. More so for mileage if you set it up to run on the leaner side. Add HHO to that, and a 40 MPG carbed Festy could see perhaps 55 MPG.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

There ya go! Now your on the right train of thought.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
              X