X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    well if it was easy everybody would be doing it.....lol
    And live to tell about it!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Update: the severe vibration at speed was due to an unbalanced front tire. I put on 4 good tires courtesy of John, and it rides really smooth up to 80 MPH, the top speed I've had it. (Speedo goes to 125--yay! )

Things that had never been changed since new, I suspect: power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant. Today John and I drained the coolant EIGHT TIMES to try to get it clear, filling it with hot water; finally we gave up and put in some coolant flush and coolant; will do it again next week. The coolant looked like brown muddy water when we started, and only got a little better after eight changes.

The oil was really gunked up too, and it had a cheap, very tiny filter on it. Last week I did an oil flush, then put in fresh oil and a good filter. Today we washed the engine bay.

The car runs great. I'ma gonna keep it after all. Rear turbo candidate for sure.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Forgot to add that we had to work on the brake calipers. Lotsa corrosion inside the caliper bolt bore, that lets the caliper slide back and forth. We worked on it with a wire brush, then greased the inside of the rubber boot that goes through it, then put in the caliper bolt sleeve. Had to do it with the bottom one on each side; now they slide back and forth nicely, with no more brake binding.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom,
          Data for a milage run:

Hello all. zjrog was lamenting mpg loss at another forum.At minus 19-degrees his Jeep is getting slammed at the pump. I put this chart together as a
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Forgot to add that we had to work on the brake calipers. Lotsa corrosion inside the caliper bolt bore, that lets the caliper slide back and forth. We worked on it with a wire brush,
            I used a plumbing brush thats made for cleaning the inside of copper fittings before soldering. Cut the handle off and installed it in the cordless drill. Works great for plumbing too.

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              I used a plumbing brush thats made for cleaning the inside of copper fittings before soldering. Cut the handle off and installed it in the cordless drill. Works great for plumbing too.
              Thanks for the tip.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                Thanks John.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                X