No announcement yet.

Stepped up enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It figures when i got my car done i do the right thing and drive safe but that makes me an easy target so i get pulled over for no seat belt... So whatever now i have 5% tint on the back window so they cant see in from the back everything else is legal.. They are just out looking to generate revenue like festyxfi said.. Its funny because more and more you dont hear about cops giving breaks used to be they would let you go for a brake light not anymore wouldn't want to miss out on that 7.50... And you would think we would get a break in our $600 cars....

Im a huge fan of radar detectors they have saved me more then once but i never fully rely on them since i have heard now a days cops have instant on where it reads your speed before you can see the radar....
    Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 11-25-2009, 08:25 PM.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Just pay attention. I drive many hundreds of miles (sometimes over a thousand a day) each week for work and I never get pulled over for speeding (some of the other drivers do). I FLY down the highway too.

A few tips.

1) NEVER be the fastest thing on the highway.

2) NEVER be the lead car in a pack. If someone comes up behind you going faster, pull over and let idiot child go. They'll find the cops for you. Pace them from about a quarter of a mile back.

3) NEVER be the end car.

4) NEVER weave in and out of traffic.

5) If there is no one else around, don't stay in the left lane. It's illegal in some states anyway.

6) Watch your speed coming to the top of hills, around curves and anywhere there are lots of trees or other hiding spots for the police.

7) Watch what gets on the highway. Watch what gets off the highway too. So the cruiser took the exit. Big deal. A favorite trick of the state police around here is to get off the highway and then get right back on.

8) ALWAYS check your rear view mirror. get in the habit of looking every minute or so. Look way back there, as far as you can. If you see cars moving over, it's either a cop, or some fool.

9) Stay off the cell phone. It's distracting.

10) Don't just put it on cruise at 80 MPH. "Leap frog" from one slow moving group to the next.

11) If you do see a cop and your going fast, NEVER put the brake on. They're waiting for that (told to me by a state trooper). If you do, you immediately look guilty. Coast down or downshift to a reasonable speed.

12) Watch the traffic in front of you. WAY out in front. If you see brake lights, slow down. Common sense, but you'd be surprised how many people don't do that.

...and slow down if you see ANY car parked on the side of the road.

Now that I've said this, watch me get pulled over tomorrow!
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

All good advice!
        Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Mercedes

Stefan is correct. No radar detectors are allowed in Canada.
          A couple of guys were driving on the main highway here in Toronto last week. If you thought BMWs were fast, check out this Mercedes. He wasn't caught.

Digital Journal is a digital media news network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us!

Can you say 140 mph?
          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

If I remember correctly it is legal to own a radar detector in Alberta but not to use one. Because it's next to impossible to prove that you were "using" you detector they don't bother.

The Alberta RCMP are bringing back the aerial patrols along our 2 major speed.. I mean highways. Hard to detect two officers with stopwatches in an airplane that you can't see
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

i could not have agreed with jpt ant more. well said. also, the speed limit does not hurt either. i just got a valentine one at a goodwill clearance center, so it was 10 cents an ounce. so, it probably cost about a buck. anyone know if it has to have line of sight in front/back; does it have to be up high? OR can it be lower in the cabin to pick up the radar?? i have been playing with this one for a day now and have not come to any conclusions yet. i only really plan on using it on my 1000 mile rally from here to jackson hole wyoming and home in my festiva.

Comment

Or, you could just drive a Festiva. Then, when the nice VA state trooper pulls you over for going 85 in a 65, the first words out of his mouth are "I didn't know those little things could go that fast" :roll:

Good advice, JPT. :thumbleft:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

There are too many unenforceable speed limit signs around the country!

Comment

hahahaa way to bring this thread back from the dead with a laugh. I guess I'll have to think twice about driving too fast on those roads!

Comment

Working...
                    X