No announcement yet.

The Saga of X6StringerX's Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I would do and I don't know if it would be unethical or not. I would try and find the cheapest 93 GL with a good title and swap the dashes. You have a good car with the correct VIN number showing. Does anyone know if this is illegal since the number on the body of the car wouldn't match the vin on the dash? Just a possibility.

Comment

Just go back to the DMV and ask for the paperwork to file for an Abandoned Car title. Follow the instructions and wait. Less than 30 days you will have a title, if the previous owner is as horrible as you say. She won't respond to the certified letter you'll have to send to last owner on file. Hope this helps. I got my 91GL that way.
      Last edited by hotfordcat; 11-26-2009, 07:02 AM.
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

^^ Either of those last two posts would be viable options. +1 on both of them.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

not sure bout your laws in your state. but im kinda in the same boat with my red car.
          thing is, i live 2 hours from him. so i cant just go back to his house. but im only out $200
          93L sold. First FESTY!
          91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
          91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
          89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
          93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
          89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
          93GL Sold Too Soon!
          91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

thank god i live in maine , any car 15 years or older doesnt need a title.
            05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

There have been some very good suggestions here. I checked into ITS and unfortunately, they require a bill of sale from the person named on the title. As mentioned above, that person completely refused to help whatsoever. If she would have just signed a bill of sale, I could have transferred the title through my local DMV with no questions asked.

There is a silver lining to this cloud though. A couple of days after I realized I was going to have difficulties obtaining the title, I had to make the decision to either pay off my fiance's car, which was the original plan, or buy ANOTHER vehicle because we both need our own cars. I decided to buy a 3rd vehicle and ended up scoring a near-mint 2001 5.0 AWD Ford Explorer for $2,477... closer to $2,800 by the time the stealership tacked on their documentation fees, etc. This is my 4th 2nd gen Explorer and the 3rd to have the 5.0 and AWD combo, which I love. To get to the silver lining part, a local auto hobbiest/mechanic has expressed interest in the car, so I asked him what he had to trade. He said he had quite a few Explorer parts and it just so happens that I've been trying to locate a set of 4.10 differentials. When it's all said and done, I'll be trading the titleless Festiva for a 4.10(open carrier) 8.8 rear, 4.10 Dana 35 front, a limited-slip carrier for the 8.8, and a transfer case skid plate. I'll probably just sell the LS carrier because my future plans are to install a locker and there are way more options for the open carrier. The LS carrier should bring in around $100. My old 3.55 open differential assemblies should bring between $300-$400 combined, so I'm not only getting the gears that I want, but I'm also going to get somewhere between $400-$500 worth of parts out of the car.

Comment

Good news for you--I guess. Might be nice to have a Festy for economical reasons. What's the mechanic gonna do with it? Get a title via a mechanic's lien, or part it out, or what?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X