Metric bolts for engine stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metric bolts for engine stand

I need four metric bolts M12 1.5 about 3-inches long (~75mm) to get my bp on an engine stand and haven't been able to find fine thread metric bolts locally. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can find some?
    Oscar

if you cant find any use some smaller ones that slide thru the holes... thats what i did on 2 of them... the top ones i used the ones that hold the motor to the trans...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^ How did you keep the threads on the block from getting messed up using the smaller bolts? I'm thinking that maybe a M10 1.5 would help prevent the ruining the block's threads.
      Oscar

Comment

McMaster-Carr catalog has M12 x 1.25 bolts up to 120 mm (4-3/4 in) length

URL is: http://www.mcmaster.com/#cap-screws/=4ueo78

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Thanks, I guess I should have clarified that I found them online but paying $20 for four bolts (with shipping) that I won't use again somehow bugs me If I can't find them locally and the smaller diameter bolt doesn't work, I'll have to buy them online.
          Oscar

Comment

I live far away from you but usually one of the parts stores will have them.
            They have a bin in the back. I think "advance-auto" was the one. That might be called "checkers" or something where you are.

Or go to the u-pull yard and look around...brake calipers maybe.

Comment

^ Good ideas. Thanks! I'm going to look at brake caliper bolts since I have some calipers laying alround but I think the thread pitch is 1.25. I hope I'm wrong
              Oscar

Comment

i used my stock bell housing bolts on a harbor freight engine stand

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                  i used my stock bell housing bolts on a harbor freight engine stand
                  I didn't know they were long enough. I don't have the stock bolts but could easily pick up a set at a junk yard. Thanks!
                  Oscar

Comment

Go buy some all-thread rod, cut to length and put a nut on each end. 3/8's diameter will work. 7/16's is still small enough to slide through your existing threaded holes.

Dirt cheap.

Comment

If you have a local Fastenal store (there are everywhere) They will either have or can get within a day the bolts you need.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Thanks for all the godd ideas guys. Brian, thanks for the store name. There is one very close to my work. And the price of each bolt is $1.71 compared to $5+ elsewhere. I'll stop by at lunch time and order them since they are out of stock. Hopefuly, I'll have them by Friday so that I can work on the engine this weekend. Thanks guys!
                        Oscar

Comment

Glad I could help!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Working...
                          X