No announcement yet.

on the bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what this set of horns would sound like on a Festiva?

76 fan motors! Make an offer.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-07-2014, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• Oo, I saw a Youtube vid of those GM horns. They make an neat little melody.

Want. Although I might be thinking of an 80's Toronado or something. I'll hafta check into it.
      Last edited by Spike; 06-07-2014, 06:21 AM.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Like this sound ?

Comment

• This is how Delco-Remy horns are made.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            Yup, that's the sound.
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              sorry to lump you in with bad experiences i and others have had. sadly over the years, ebay motors has become a junkyard of generic garbage and repetitious multiple listing that do nothing but waste time. many, many sellers offer items that they will claim fits our cars but won't without severe re-engineering. i used to be able to input "ford festiva" in the search box and a majority of the listings were actual festiva parts. new, used, rare, replacement, remanufactured parts for a FESTIVA. it was fun to go through the pages and maybe score a hard to find part. now, unless you input the exact part, you'll get gems like: Lemonade air freshener - fits ford festiva, Metal garage signs - fits ford festiva, Power window motor - fits ford festiva, 205/50 R18 tire - fits ford festiva. the list of flotsam goes on for 100s of aggravating pages.
              incidentally, a 1oz box big enough to put a label on sent 1st class WITH tracking is $3.37 USPS. i'll grant the seller 2+ bucks for time and material. but there too if comparisons are noticed, different sellers of the exact same item on ebay will charge suspiciously lower or higher for shipping. and then a third seller will ship it for free but the item itself costs $20 more than the other sellers! i know i'm being jacked. thanks for your input though d0n. i'm sure we can trust you as a seller.
              F3BZ -

AMEN to every single thing you said!!!! I now do advanced word searches where the first words I am sure to 'exclude' on the search results are "fits" or "compatible".
              88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
              88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
              91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
              93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• If nobody bids on this spoiler for $10, then I will and post a [FS] for $100.

axle seal
                Last edited by bravekozak; 06-07-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

If nobody bids on this spoiler for $10, then I will and post a [FS] for $100.

axle seal
                  Personally, I don't like the spoiler. Tough to come by, I know that, though....
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Me too, but it helps keep the snow and freezing rain off!

How about a custom trailer with a different spoiler instead?
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-07-2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

How about a custom trailer with a different spoiler instead?
                      I actually like that trailer! I wonder how much he would take for it?!
                      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

axle seal
                        I am just sketchy with anyone who has absolutely zero feedback. Guy doesn't even have any from buying anything, let alone selling.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• been there done that on both sides before. Not for me.
                          -Bryant

Comment

axle seal
                            Boo no ship to canada on spoiler
                            93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
                            93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
                            90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

• 1990 Festiva L auto
                              http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-...US_Cars_Trucks
                              93 Festiva L Aqua(Fern) 5speed 218,000kms-DD and holding on (rusting )
                              93 Festiva L Caymen green Metallic 156,000km. 5speedOngoing project
                              90 Festiva L Bright Blue Metallic 36,000km,5speed, my rust free BPproject.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91green View Post
                                Boo no ship to canada on spoiler
                                I'd ask the seller anyway. I usually ask them if they're willing to ship to Canada and if so how much would the shipping be. A good number of the sellers I've asked will end up shipping 'north of the border'.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada
                                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                                X