Difference between the LX & L model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight of "luxuries"

Yes, I'm sure they do add weight, and I've also got 5-speed, oversize battery, AC, rear window wiper/defogger, and some kind of Australian-made wide wheels that use 155-80R13s that give a really smooth ride and don't get stuck in pavement ruts made by studded snow tires. I also fill the cargo space with tools and spare parts, and survival gear in the back seat. In cars, I worry about getting home; in airplanes, I worry about weight -- not clearing the trees at the end of the lake can really mess up your day.

The options table I found on this site ("Standard and Optional Equipment List- 1988-89-90 Ford Festiva.htm") lists "Under seat storage bin" as "Standard" on the LX models. I can't find anything under either front seat or the back seat. What/where is this item? I didn't even know I had a tilt steering wheel until I downloaded the table yesterday!
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

The storage bin was located under the passenger seat, it mounts in a set of rails, alot of cars seem to be missing this because it was only plastic. It was black in color.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

storage bin rails are still there!

Upon closer inspection, I see the cad-plated rails under the right front seat. It looks like it slid out to the front, but was very shallow and/or wasn't the full depth of the seat, else it would have interfered with the seat fore-aft slide locking cable (unless my cable is different than original).

It could be useful to have this bin to store emergency parts (spindle nuts, random metric hardware, bulbs, etc. in since the LX goes on some long trips). If anybody has a drawing and/or picture of a bin, I might try to fabricate one out of aluminum sometime.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I have a brand new NOS bin here, If you Pm me your e-mail address I will send you pictures with measurements.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

my 93L has AC and rear window defogger but only 1 line of it works and a 5spd my parents used to have a 93L but it had a 4spd w/overdrive rear def and ac the that rear def worked fully wonder y only 1 line works on mine if u have an idea let me know
            Jason
            wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Well how about the "L-Plus" edition, and the "Sport" edition. What do they have?? I have both of them, and I don't have power anything, but I do have a tach. Anything else I'm missing?
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
              First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

Working...
              X