Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time poster, long time reader! Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should not have to use hub-centric rings. When I installed my 14" ARs, using the stock lug bolts, I got a lot of vibration. When I switched to aftermarket lug bolts it went completely away. The reason is that the stock lug bolts don't have enough depth on the conical part, that grabs the aftermarket aluminum wheel. They are only good for the stock steelies (or 13" Metro steelies too).
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      .....They are only good for the stock steelies (or 13" Metro steelies too).
      They work well on the Mazda 323 GT 13" alloys too!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments! It is also really good to see that half that people that replied are from the MO! That explains why I can't find any parts lol! I have been looking at some of the rims that you can swap on and I was wondering if anybody has seen any NICE chrome rims that are on like a mazda stock that I could pick up a a junk yard?
        :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfulleaf View Post
          It is also really good to see that half that people that replied are from the MO! That explains why I can't find any parts lol!

:evil4::evil4:
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            They are only good for the stock steelies (or 13" Metro steelies too).
            Work fine with Honda VX's too, no problems with them on my car.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Yeah, the issue seems to be how the wheel is made. If the conical area at the lug hole is shallow, the stock lug bolts will work; if deep, you need to go aftermarket.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments! It is also really good to see that half that people that replied are from the MO! That explains why I can't find any parts lol!
                Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                Not saying nothing...:roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

This is my first post, but I've also been doing some wheel reserch.... I've found that older Toyota wheels are the right bolt pattern, and the offset is within 3 mm. I prefer the black steel wheels, but any stock toyota alloy should fit as well.... Just an idea: Discount Tire sells a steel "Unique Series 83" wheel 14 X 5.5, or 14 X 114.3, with a 35 mm offset for $55.00 apiece brand new. You could put aftermarket baby-moons, or spinners on them, and probably get away with stock lug bolts.

Comment

Welcome Dustin!

Most Toyota 4 X 100mm four bolt wheels should have the correct centerbore as well. Not sure about the 4 X 114.3 ones.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments! It is also really good to see that half that people that replied are from the MO! That explains why I can't find any parts lol!
                      Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                      Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                      Not saying nothing...:roll:
                      Too funny!
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        Welcome Dustin!

Most Toyota 4 X 100mm four bolt wheels should have the correct centerbore as well. Not sure about the 4 X 114.3 ones.

Karl
                        The 4 X 114.3 toyota rims(13") I used had the exact same bore. perfect fit.

Last edited by freshtiva; 01-04-2010, 06:01 PM.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                        X