X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rofl.. that would work as well.
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
      or just buy an entire festiva for that much all in the same color, lol.
      I've been scanning Craigslist and Festivas are going for $900-$1200 around here and parts cars can't be found. I need to start picking up some of these out of state deals
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Check the more rural areas around you.. and be patient.
        -Caleb
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I've checked about once a month for the last year. Lately I've resorted to cruising around and looking for them in peoples yards :sad5:

You know it's bad when I have friends in the car and the say "why are we going this way? You're looking for Festivas aren't you!?!?" disgust

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Yet I find that to be awesome. There's a parts car on craiglist down here right now for $100. I posted it over in the FS/WTB section.

Edit: there's another one about 5 minutes from me for $200 as well
            Last edited by pr0nst4r; 01-05-2010, 11:41 PM.
            -Caleb

Comment

Holy crap! I wonder if I could fit 2 on my trailer? LOL I know I can fit 2 on the rollback plus it has a wheel lift, but I can't take it across the state line

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Why can't you cross the state line with it?

BTW, there's a finders fee. This fee is that you must visit the Florida Festiva peoples whilst here. I might be able to put you up for a night if you really are coming.
                -Caleb

Comment

The rollback weighs 15000lbs so it's subject to federal DOT regulations. If I stay within my home state I don't have to get a DOT number and I'm not subject to the federal safety audit (which is a HUGE PITA) which means I'd have to keep a log book, fuel receipts, and a mountain of other paperwork. I tried to explain to the lady that I was just a private individual who owns a rollback for personal use and not a towing business but she said that didn't matter. So, in the end, it's easier just to stay in NC. I also have a 1985 F-350 flatbed that basically looks like a rollback with ramps. It's only 10000 GVWR so it's not subject to the DOT rules, but it's in no shape for a road trip at the moment.

I prolly should hold off right now anyway. I build bikes on the side and currently I have all my extra money tied up in 2 Harley Davidson Sportsters that I found for absolute STEALS! Things are going to be a little tight until one of them sells.

I swear it's extremely temping though. If I could sneak down that way with the rollback I could have 2 cars for around $500

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

The guy that's nearest to me has been trying to sell the car for a while. It's quite rough and is a carbie that's been sitting for a few years and has bushes grown around it and stuff, but has no rust except a small spot of surface on one of the fenders. i went to look at the car when he was asking 400 for it, but i ultimately decided against it.
                    -Caleb

Comment

Shoot, I'd get it just for the front end. Mine looks like it's been beat to death with a soft object...no big dents, just alot of ripples..LOL

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Shoot, if that's all you need, I bet one of the hoarders down here might go in on it with you for the rest of it. You could just come to the meet and drive back with a blue front end LOL
                        -Caleb

Comment

Straight and blue is better than white and bent...LOL. I've been trying to get time to hit the local Pull A Part here but I've been busy with all the Holiday stuff. I also have an old friend of the family that owns a large junk yard that I've been trying to get by and see what they have (he cuts me some wicked deals). If I can't find anything locally, I'm definitely thinking of going out of state to pick up some parts cars for my inventory. I could kick myself, I had someone try to give me an Aspire back before I got the Festiva, but it was 50 miles away and at the time scrap prices were on the rise so I was only concerned with heavy cars. If I only knew then what I know now :angry1:

When is that meet?

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

PM sent. Getting a tad too far off topic lol
                            -Caleb

Comment

Working...
                            X