No announcement yet.

%@&@#% So freakin' spewin'!!!! %&#*@#&#(*&$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you in getting something salvaged off you Festiva, Kirbs! It is a shame that car has so much trouble hanging around it's neck with all the unique parts on it. I hope you can find one with a clean title,or the constabulatory allows you to fix the registration without breaking the bank.

Michael
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Woah, tenth of Jan this has been going since - crazy... anyhow, got some good news finally.

Long story short, went to RTA who did their checks and then passed my on to the cops, began thinking "Oh, crap". Cops did their checks and called me with an all ok (started daggy dancing!).

So now im back to the RTA tomorrow to see whether they will go ahead with the new id...

Keep those prayers coming!
      Kirbs

'91 Festiva 'S'
      Car Domain

MyOnlineGarage.com

'98 AU1 Falcon

Comment

Congratulations so far!

Fingers crossed...

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Good Luck man.. glad to hear that it looks like it's starting to come together..
          Carz:
          '09 Ford F-150
          '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
          '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
          225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
          ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Damn that sucks...here if it has all the right lights and turn signals, a horn and seat belts then you're pretty good to go as long as it has insurance.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Good Luck, I too have been there. But luckily Virginia is easy, I got a title to one of my Festy's with a mechanic's lean.
              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Wow ok old post but yeah this reminds me of something I read once. Police were stopping street racers and the vins on everything would get checked and ends up alot of the parts were from stolen cars. But I know one guy had reciepts for all the parts that he bought from a salvage yard.... Ends up salvage yards were taking stolen cars and selling parts off them. Oh and yeah I have never had to have a car inspected to get a tag or insurance.

Comment

I'd like to know if Kirby1977 ever got his Festy back.....
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                    I'd like to know if Kirby1977 ever got his Festy back.....
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I hope you get the car back. Here in Arizona [USA], that car would be considered stolen and they would take it away. Then you face with being charged with possession of stolen property if you can not give the Law Enforcement enough info to get them going after the person who sold it to you.

Another thing we have to watch out for is people who "steal" VIN ( by looking thru the windshield). They look for a car that is similar to the one that is stolen and request from the Motor Vehicle Department for Replacement Title [ "Title was lost during moving, Please send Replacement to this P.O. Box".) Once they get it, they transfer the title to someone else (along with a new address.).

Cover your VIN #.
                      Last edited by Festiva Time; 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM. Reason: Better wording.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva Time View Post
                        I hope you get the car back. Here in Arizona [USA], that car would be considered stolen and they would take it away. Then you face with being charged with possession of stolen property if you can not give the Law Enforcement enough info to get them going after the person who sold it to you.

Another thing we have to watch out for is people who "steal" VIN ( by looking thru the windshield). They look for a car that is similar to the one that is stolen and request from the Motor Vehicle Department for Replacement Title [ "Title was lost during moving, Please send Replacement to this P.O. Box".) Once they get it, they transfer the title to someone else (along with a new address.).

Cover your VIN #.
                        check the link.....he did get the car back....is now trying to sell it
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                        X