Slip slidin' away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip slidin' away!

ICE. EVERYWHERE. All down 123! It's FREEZING, and I freakin' love my car! It'll do 70mph no problem around curves on sheet ice. A little sideways, but that never hurt anyone! It was funny to see the reactions to people with all wheel drive vehicles as I blew their doors off with snow a-flyin'!
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

So true. When we had our big snow here back in Dec., people 5 miles away in their all wheel drives/four wheel drives couldn't make it in to work, and I was there, driving 30+ miles, in my Fester.

Just started snowing here, guess we'll have to wait and see how much we get this time. Weather service said flurries. Ha.

What part of Upstate SC do you live in. My wife has family all over SC.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

we've got like 8" or so so far... I put chains on my 13' snow tires and made it up our steep gravel hill no problems! But then the chains started to fall apart ;( so i had to take them off. the rest of my trip wasn't too bad though, till I got to my friends house and the last two little roads weren't plowed at all... even with my coilovers raised all the way I was pushing snow with my bumper!
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

so glad i dont have to worry about that but nice to hear about another awesome festiva quality - snow plow
        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
          we've got like 8" or so so far...
          Yeah, woke up to a winter wonderland here in my part of Virginia too and the snow is still coming down. I'd say we have about 6-8 inches so far. Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen since moving here about 6 years ago. It's quite beautiful, but I'm glad I don't have to be out driving in it!
          Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
          1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
          2004 Mazda 3
          -----------
          5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Stivadiva View Post
            Yeah, woke up to a winter wonderland here in my part of Virginia too and the snow is still coming down. I'd say we have about 6-8 inches so far. Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen since moving here about 6 years ago. It's quite beautiful, but I'm glad I don't have to be out driving in it!
            pfft what are ya complaining about, 6-8 inches of snow is still good driving weather :lol: well i'd still go out driving in that :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Here's a pic of what we got. You couldn't see the windows on the Festy last night, but I RainX all of my windows so it prolly had a hard time holding on to the glass

Dude, where's my car?
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

We've got about 4 inches of flurries so far. WTG National Weather Service. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  pfft what are ya complaining about, 6-8 inches of snow is still good driving weather :lol: well i'd still go out driving in that :lol:
                  You live in Ontario -- you probably have a foot of snow on the ground all the time! Of course, you'd drive in it. You have to understand where I live they close the schools and shut down all businesses when we get a dusting of snow. It's not my driving I'm worried about -- it's all the others!
                  Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                  1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                  2004 Mazda 3
                  -----------
                  5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                    We've got about 4 inches of flurries so far. :roll:
                    :laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:That's alot of flurry!
                    Last edited by drddan; 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I figured there would be some posts about the snow. We are at about 10" at my house!

Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-30-2010, 02:03 PM.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I got drunk last night at the swingers bar I work at..so I left the Festiva on the steet and rode home with my girlfriend....well needless to say when I got a ride back to it it was completely buried under a snowbank where the snowplows had pushed snow up over it all night...I got in passengers side...slide across..fired her up..and pulled right out of the snowbank..I have long known that skinny tires go well in snow
                        It's faster than my Volkswagen
                        http://www.bluegrassghostinvestigations.com/baja.htm
                        My Photography:
                        http://abandonedkentucky.deviantart.com/

Comment

^^ Surprised you didn't just pick it up and set it back on the road.

Comment

ironic

In Toronto, its cold but we have barely had any snow this winter (not enough to shovel, just sweep with a broom). I have never seen anything this wierd in all my life. Looks like you got what we normally get. We are saving a lot of money on not having to plow, salt or remove any snow. We have a whole fleet of some of the best plows and metromelts ready to roll. Good luck digging out. Downside, cars are speeding because the roads are bare and dry. Fourteen pedestrians have been killed in the last couple of months.

Comment

Around here the snow is starting to melt, been getting up to the 40's and fills nice outside.
                              '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X