No announcement yet.

Slip slidin' away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITS STILL SNOWING!!! I HATE SNOW!! i am sick and tired of it being warm one day then the next day its frikin 20 below out and snowing im ready for spring big time. cant wait til the florida meet!!

Comment

Last winter I had 175/70r13 Nokian Hakk-r's on my nissan.
      Same thing, I was unstoppable. Aside from the gas station incident I mentioned in another post I only got stuck once- high centered on a snowbank that had mostly turned to ice. I was the only one doing the speed limit (80k) in 6 inches of snow one night, and the day after I went over a snowed-out back road. it was sliding over the snow like a sled and kept going for about 100 feet before she sunk in and I had to turn around. Got out to see how deep it was-just over a foot. car has about 5-6" of ground clearance. still got her out of it
      That little escapade seized my shifter cable, fried the alternator once the snow inside melted, and knocked off the o2 sensor. but it was worth it.

But the Hakkapelitta R is made at the new Russian plant this year. And the tires made there aren't nearly as good as the Finnish ones, I've had the wagon stuck on Russian-made 205/55 HakkR's 3 times this year. And that's without going around trying to do it.

Comment

got a foot here and still comin'.... I hate winter.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by 92festie View Post
          ITS STILL SNOWING!!! I HATE SNOW!! i am sick and tired of it being warm one day then the next day its frikin 20 below out and snowing im ready for spring big time. cant wait til the florida meet!!
          ^ x2
          We got about three inches of snow here and then it started sleeting. It's been sleeting for about 8 hours. Only good part of this storm is that we didn't get any freezing rain. That's what usually takes out the power lines. Think it's done now..hope so anyway. I am sooo ready for Florida!
          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

we had 2 ft of snow over night a month ago and I had to pull my dad's 4x4 out of the side of the road because he slid the rear end off the road a little and down the hill, it was funny seeing my little car pull his full size chevy out, it was dark so I couldn't get pics
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Hate to do this but................TominMo and I went junkyarding today. It was 78*. We then cleaned all his b6 parts and hung out in the garage and driveway all day. It finally dropped to about 58* when the sun went down. It was nice driving around windows down, but we did have to use the a/c in traffic.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

i hate you lol

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                  So true. When we had our big snow here back in Dec., people 5 miles away in their all wheel drives/four wheel drives couldn't make it in to work, and I was there, driving 30+ miles, in my Fester.

Just started snowing here, guess we'll have to wait and see how much we get this time. Weather service said flurries. Ha.

What part of Upstate SC do you live in. My wife has family all over SC.
                  Pickens County, SC!
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    Hate to do this but................TominMo and I went junkyarding today. It was 78*. We then cleaned all his b6 parts and hung out in the garage and driveway all day. It finally dropped to about 58* when the sun went down. It was nice driving around windows down, but we did have to use the a/c in traffic.
                    You just had to rub it in didn't you! LOL
                    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

Kind of want to hurt you just a bit right now.:p
                      -5 F here this morning. No A/C required.
                      Hit the keys, and both stivas fired right up.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Dean and his guys had to go to work today clearing the snow at the college, but he took a few pictures before he cleaned off the truck and pulled out.

After he left, I cleaned off and warmed up the cars so they would be ready for tomorrow.
                        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

Hate to do this but................TominMo and I went junkyarding today. It was 78*.
                          Hey Greg, I spoke with Tom right after he got back. He said ya' all had a good time down there and the yards were just full of needed stuff! Not like 'round here. Tom is to come over and help out with my festy, as it died (ignition failure) friday, and not having a lotta luck gettin' it goin' again.(See post..Festiva Death)
                          Bringing cartridge type fuse links and ignition switch with him. I'm planning on goin' to the Sunshine meet, so I gotta get it goin'! It would feel good to be in 78* temps right now! Hope to see you there in March!
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

that was during christmas in Manitoba. there were snow drifts all over the road. I love the snow
                            Tim S

Comment

Slyder, I love the snow too, but we get a lot of ice. Under that snow is a layer of ice and then it sleeted on top of it so there is a layer of ice on top. I HATE ice.
                              1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                              Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member

Comment

Yeah snow rocks but ice is dangerous.
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X