Got pulled over tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got pulled over tonight

Not a big deal, but I was surprised to get stopped. I wasn't even in a Festiva, I was driving my Explorer and got stopped for the tinted windows. This is the first time I have ever been stopped for this and I have been driving it for 5 years! Luckly I didn't get ticket, just a warning that I COULD get a ticket and it would be $100 fine. He said I was getting warning only because my driving record is clean!!!!:wav:
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

If it was me, i'd get the ticket :lol: my driving record isn't clean, i have a heavy foot :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Here is the offending vehicle.
      Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

He cared why? I mean .....what they don't have anything better to do then to harass the owner of the Best Damn Festiva Site on the net? He better watch it or he may have a bunch of angry Festy's all over him like flies on........
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Thats lame, here in Colorado you can't have any tint on the front side windows but you can have any% on the rear, if they are worried about their safety, then they should be worried about what they cant see in the back.
          '90 LX

Comment

My car is one shade past legal, so is my Festiva but this is the first time I have been stopped for it.
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

What percentage is that? Looks like something that would fly down here, but our "maximum" is 35%

Edit: Just saw your post above, sounds like you just ran into a .... P.O.P.O.
              -Caleb
              Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
              So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Its 35% but Ohio law is only 50%. This applies only to the front windows, the back doesn't matter.
                Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

50%? Wow, I thought the 35% limit here in MD was bad. I have 20 on my car and got a warning for it a few months ago. I think the cop used it as an excuse to look at my car though.

Comment

The cop told me that window tint basically give them resonable cause to stop people and check for any "other" problems.
                    Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Sounds like a similar excuse to what a friend of mine's wife heard when driving their 95 BMW 325i with 35% tint through Georgia. He basically told her that he thought, because of the kind of car, dark tint and Florida tags, that she was a drug runner.
                      -Caleb
                      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                        Sounds like a similar excuse to what a friend of mine's wife heard when driving their 95 BMW 325i with 35% tint through Georgia. He basically told her that he thought, because of the kind of car, dark tint and Florida tags, that she was a drug runner.
                        :laughing3: Yea in MO it is 35 in the front but every where else doesn't matter. I can't count on my hands and toes how many times i've been pulled over because my tint was to dark. But at the same time I am from a small town and they have nothing better to do. Dumb HPs (no offense if you are, it just gets old)
                        :festiva::newb::festiva:

Comment

i believe that the 35% is actually a federal law, i've been stopped a few times here in ny, and got a cpl of tickets, some towns are more pricky about it than others

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                            The cop told me that window tint basically give them resonable cause to stop people and check for any "other" problems.
                            I believe that.
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

NY is one of the most strict states on window tint. My truck has tint on the rear and rear side windows I am hoping they don't harass me about it...
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X